• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Should I get a refund?

natmiss

Silver Supporting Member
Back in the day I had an agent who booked me as a guitar player for various oldies bands. It was the singers and they hired bands at each stop. I played with the Platters with one original member, the Drifters and the Coasters with no original members. Years later I opened for the Jerry Garcia band...years after Jerrys death!!

Since Mick is getting on in years, I'm good with him as music director as the band will sound faithful to his standard--once he's gone, it does become more of a tribute. They're one of the better overall bands representing the 80's, still out on the road. Kelly & Jeff are superb musicians...worthy of my money.

Kerrang

An act that peaked over 40 years ago . . . What can one reasonably expect? Seems likely that the possibility of a substitution was part of the terms of the ticket sale . . .

somecafone

It's a bummer your expectation wasn't met. I think the name attached might be a way to maintain some sort of intellectual property- or avoid fees related. I don't really know. I guess you saw the Epiphone/Squier/PRS SE version of the band... still related to the parent company.

My guess is you’re close with the IP.
It’s the name recognition that sells tickets.
You can hear the radio ad, quick cuts of the chorus from their hits…”See Foreigner live.”

I doubt the majority of their current audience knows or could name any original members.

Ozone Baby

If these tickets had anything to do with Ticketmaster, good luck getting a refund after you already went to the show.

Scott L

Gold Supporting Member
Saw them two or three years back with Cheap Trick. Mick was moving real stiff back then but the show was good.

I remember Cheap Trick as part of the deal to tour with Foreigner was that Mick Jones had to play every show, evidently Mick not
performing was an issue then too.

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
I’m sure a little research before the show would have revealed that info before you bought the tix.

unk

Gold Supporting Member
I saw the Jesus and Mary Chain and neither Jesus nor Mary performed!
A friend saw Killdozer open for them in Chicago back in the 80s and Killdozer harangued the J&MC crowd so bad they nearly rioted. I am quite jealous of my buddy because I wish I had seen that ****.

AF1FE

Blues lawyer here.
Did you WALK OUT when you realised what was happening or did you consume the show?

You answer shall give you a good idea as to what my answer will be.
We walked out after first song had finished. Found one of the the arena event supervisors and one of the Foreigner (merchandise?) managers. They got my information and said I would get a refund. I will follow up Monday at the arena if haven’t received payment to my CC. I did do research before buying tickets. Go to the Foreigner Official website www.foreigneronline.com and not think that Mick Jones is still playing with them.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom