Should I get a Strat?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by samerater, Feb 10, 2012.

1. samerater

samerater Member

Hi, I'm hoping to buy a new guitar soon in the American Standard range...
    At the moment I have a Yamaha Pacifica 112 which I have had for about 4 years. Do you think it is worth the upgrade to a proper Strat, or should I go for something different like a Telecaster and keep my Pacifica as a Strat style guitar?

2. yetikeeper

yetikeeper Member

only you can answer that question really.We all like new stuff and New Gear Day can bring a smile to anyones face. But why upgrade for the sake of it. If you like Strats and the Yamaha is holding you back then get a Strat. If you want to try a different tone then get a different guitar.

3. scaryfoot

scaryfoot Member

If you like it, keep it. I've heard mostly good stuff about Pacifica, and Yamaha for that matter.
    Jack Thammarat has a lots of videos on Youtube and his main guitar seem to be a Pacifica.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jackthammarat#p/u/4/lWvIFHkbjfE
    They are supposed to be some of the best Strat type guitars for the money.
    Why not try something completely different. A Tele, as you mentioned, or a LP.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  4. Robert1950

Robert1950 Member

If the the Yamaha works for you, hey. If it does not sound vintage straty enough for you, well, that may be a reason.

5. Tommy Biggs

Tommy Biggs Member

I tend to go in another direction when buying something new - so if I had a Strat or Strat configured guitar, I would look Tele, or dual HB.

I will say if you LOVE strats and only strats and you are somehow underwhelmed with your current model, then an upgrade isn't a bad thing. I don't really know the Pacifica line, so won't say.

To me - if it plays in tune, has a nice action and sounds good to you, I'm cool with any brand.

6. tonegangster

tonegangster Silver Supporting Member

Everyone needs a strat!!!