1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Should I get a Teese wah for free?!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fuzzyratfarts, Dec 21, 2005.

1. fuzzyratfarts

fuzzyratfarts Member

My mom will get me a really nice pedal for Christmas...I am always looking around for overdrives, but I have never had a wah I LOVED...

Would the Teese RMC2 (3rd from the bottom on http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/pedals/teese.php) make me love wahs?

Should I pull the trigger?

2. fuzzyratfarts

fuzzyratfarts Member

3. mustangman

mustangman Member

personally i like the wizard a lot better, the RMC-2 didnt do much for me.

4. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

I have a RMC-2. Was never much of a wah guy before and really just bought it to give wah one last shot. Love the pedal and use it every time I play. I think it is versatile enough to get pretty much any sound you want from the 5 settings, esp. when running other pedals after it.

5. fuzzyratfarts

fuzzyratfarts Member

is the RMS-2 geared more towards humbuckers or singles? I assume it is the best for versatility, which I need, as I will be playing singles and hums...

Will the knobs on the RMC-2 be different sounding enough to play with humbuckers OR singles?

6. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

RMC3 is quite nice.
    I ended up selling mine just because I fell in love with the Picture Wah.
    Bottom Line - ALL Teeses are amazing!

7. leofenderbender

leofenderbender Supporting Member

I like the RMC3 - if you get tired of one setting, you can switch it to another, then back again. You choose.

8. agentcooper2001

agentcooper2001 Member

yes, the RMC-2 is great. I've had mine on the board for 3 years now. It's the only pedal I still have from the beginning!

I had a RMC-3 LE and it was sort of noisy and I didn't like having to open it up and mess with it to make a cool setting. The RMC-2 already has 5 different settings on the side, plus a volume knob and a Q knob. If you can't get a great sound with that, something is wrong.

I also had the Wizard wah at one point and it was ok, but didn't sound as good a the RMC2. It didn't have a very wide sweep, IMO. Lots of people like it though and it's red, so that's a plus.

Anyway, get the RMC-2 and you will have done the right thing. :AOK

9. gitpicker

gitpicker Silver Supporting Member

+1 on the Picture Wah - it rocks!

10. fuzzyratfarts

fuzzyratfarts Member

Alright now I am COMPLETELY between the picture wah and the rmc2...

Help! And btw, to list what I play...

Jazzy Bluesy Jammy stuff, stuff from Greg Howe (higher gain) and other rock-jazz-fusion players, to Phish's Trey Anastasio and SRV, to James Brown funk...

BUT, I would rather have one AWESOME sound than 5 pretty decent ones...Will the model with the knobs and switches on the side be mediocre all over, or would the Picture work as a great all around 'set and forget' sound, as its not easily adjustable...

I can spend enough to buy either, so that's not a problem...

And, btw, thanks for the warm reception...LOVE this forum!

WHICH WAH MAKES MORE SENSE?!

11. fuzzyratfarts

fuzzyratfarts Member

12. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I'd go with the RMC2. I've just never found a single way that would work with all my guitars and amps, so the flexibility is very helpful...

13. Josh O

Josh O Member

Wizard is great for high gain but can't cop the vintage wah tones. I guess it depends what type of music you play, if you want Clapton/Hendrix type wah, don't go Wizard. If your thing is Metallica/Pantera type gain, Wizard without hesitation.

14. fuzzyratfarts

fuzzyratfarts Member

The highest gain I do is fusiony stuff, but NO METAL playing here...It is between the RMC2 and the Picture Wah, the RMC2 may be leading the way...

15. JayDA

JayDA Member

+1 on the Picture Wah, I've had the RMC3...and sold it after I got the Picture.

16. fuzzyratfarts

fuzzyratfarts Member

JayDA, what music do you play?

17. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

I have been thinking of saving up for a Wheels of Fire wah from Teese. I play a PRS McCarty, but I use the coil taps a lot as well as the humbucker mode. Hopefully I can find one used at some point. Either that, or I'm just going to have Area 51 upgrade the switch (true bypass), potentiometer, inductor and buffer circuit to my 70s Thomas Organ Crybaby.

18. moodog

moodog Member

I had a RMC3 and I did not care for it much either. I sold a VOX 847 to get it and sold a RMC3 to get a VOX 847 back.

My RMC3 also had an issue with the switch sticking in-between the on/off and I would go for a solo and it was like I was dead in the water.

When I got another 847 I true-bypassed it and have been happy ever since!

:angel

19. fuzzyratfarts

fuzzyratfarts Member

Hmm...good points...I am still looking around, keep the ideas comin!

20. boon

boon Member

What did u get in the end fuzzyratfarts? I'm in the exact dilemma as you but I think I'm gonna go with the RMC2 for versatility sake. Picture wah will definitely sound nice but the salesman who is using the RMC2 himself said it could dial in a similiar sound to the picture wah as well.