Should I get on the Echoczar list?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by teddy boy, Feb 7, 2006.

1. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

I like analogue delays. I loved my DMM and recently I bought the Memory Lane. What a great pedal!! I know I could live with that delay for the rest of my life and be happy.

Still, I would really like to try out the Echoczar. Mainly because of the image of superioirity it portrays + the hard to get factor. I'd like to know if it is worth it, the wait and the price. I'd like to know that I have the best on the market, because I'm a gearw**re! Ok, I admitted it!

So guys, how has the wait been for you? After receiving the pedal, did it change your life? Because at that price it should ; ) I guess it's easy to get rid of if it doesn't please.

I'm torn, I really love analogue delays and I'd love to try this out with the Angel Baby but I'm afraid to join the list because of the price and wait. The wait, oh what a pain!! Don't know if I want to put myself through that! Hah!

2. stereotypy

stereotypy Member

sometimes the czar is at ebay.. but even more pricey. i'm also at the list but i think if i drop my name out there because i recently purchased the ad-900 and ad-80! that's really all i need. and you also have with the ml and dmm very good modulation effects.

but you wanted to know if it's worth.. i think yes! it would be much more of an improvement for the delay you can get with the ml... but expecially the angelbaby sounds sweeeet..

or you save tha money to buy other pedals (thats what i probably do)...

3. webb

webb Member

I've been kicking the idea around as well. Look at the bright side, you'll have plenty of time to save up for it.:AOK

4. ducmike

ducmike Silver Supporting Member

How long of a wait are we talk'n about?

5. stereotypy

stereotypy Member

6 months .. maybe more..

6. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Did I hear a quote for 9 months? Pretty tough...

7. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

Do it, do it!
    Plenty of time to think, if not anything else.. It doesnt cost anything to sign up. I too feel the deep burn for the Czar but I'm concentrating on guitars right now...

8. flicker180

flicker180 Member

it's at bare minimum 6 months...I've been on the list since July so, i've got a few more months to wait...no worries, however.

dave

9. Non-Digital Tom

Non-Digital Tom Member

Um... yes, you should. Worth the wait? It definitely was for me. Just get on the list and then forget about it. Then some happy day in the future, you'll get a surprise e-mail from Ed saying your Echoczar is almost ready...

10. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Lads,

I'm on the list. Or I just emailed Ed about it. So here starts the long wait! I'll have to try and forget about it until the the time is nigh...

ToneRanger, I too am concentrating on guitars. Man, you're just aching to get that Tele now than I'm going to buy an SG. Do it! DO IT!!