Should I sell my Cub II combo for a Cub III head? EDIT Cub II is sold.

Would you sell the Cub II to buy a III?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
***Update on post 41***

I know its my decision to make. I am in love with my Cub II and told myself I would never sell it but this Cub III looks awesome! If you guys were in my situation would you sell your II to buy a III? I just don't see the downside! Basically I would have almost enough to buy the head just by selling my combo so money isn't really a factor. I added a poll for those who don't want to reply. Thanks!

BTW I have an avatar 1x12 so I wouldn't need a combo now.

Last edited:

dangeroso

Silver Supporting Member
I haven't heard a clip of the Cub III yet. You might want to wait to hear it first.

river_jetties

The III sounds like a cool idea but I'd play it first before you decide. It's cool though to have one of the first ones though. If you're willing to risk it, I'd go for it.

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
I haven't heard a clip of the Cub III yet. You might want to wait to hear it first.
The III sounds like a cool idea but I'd play it first before you decide. It's cool though to have one of the first ones though. If you're willing to risk it, I'd go for it.
I will probably drive down there in a few weeks but speaking with John(the owner) the AX7 side sounds like my Cub II so I am only gaining(in my mind) by adding the extra versatility of a Cub III. I dont know. I dont NEED it of course but it sure is tempting.....

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
I think you have already decided, Randy. ;)
I know. What was I thinking asking the land of "yes" if I should get a new amp?? I was secretly hoping someone would convince me to not want it but who am I kidding? This is TGP.

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Silver Supporting Member
I'd hold out til I tried one.
Sometimes more is less, and vice versa

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
^^^Good stuff. The thing is I can drive 2 hours south and try it no problem. Im just afraid Ill love it. And yes, I do just want you guys to justify it. ;)

dangeroso

Silver Supporting Member
Heck, I'd like you to buy one, just so I can read a post about how it sounds!

ken374

Is the CubII a Ef86 preamp? I seen a quick view of the 3 with a Ef86 bet is sounds great

joeprs

Is the CubII a Ef86 preamp? I seen a quick view of the 3 with a Ef86 bet is sounds great
No, 12AX7. My Bad Cat 2-Tone is an EF86 preamp. It sounds a lot better in person than it does in my video above. If you play it loud enough, you'll get the idea of both my clean and distorted tones.

mcdyas

Gold Supporting Member
yes, because you need to feed your gas and provide a steady stream of used gear for the rest of us

ken374

Didnt know the pedal had a EF86 I was looking for awhile back, I had a Fryette EF 86 clean boost at one time. Is the new Bad cat pedals 12ax7's now and not handwired?

SKYHIGH

What's the current lead time from order to ship out?
Is the II DISCONTINUED?
K-Master is similar to power scaling?

Thanks

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
yes, because you need to feed your gas and provide a steady stream of used gear for the rest of us
LOL. Ill probably sell it local to avoid shipping. maybe.
What's the current lead time from order to ship out?
Is the II DISCONTINUED?
K-Master is similar to power scaling?

Thanks
Lead time is about 6 weeks. Cub II is discontinued but they will make you anything you want. For a price. The K-Master is still somewhat a mystery to me even after talking to John today. He did say he was putting up a quick iPhone video today though.