Should I sell my Fender 68 Bandmaster

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by aleiberman, Mar 1, 2015.

1. aleiberman

aleiberman Member

I just purchased a 69 Pro Reverb, and I'm loving it. I also own a 67 Champ and a 68 Bandmaster Head. Funny how I happen to have all of them with drip edge hardware. Anyways, I'm really into the Pro Reverb right now, and the WGS speakers it came to me with are really awesome. It probably needs to be checked out and possibly serviced, but I'm thinking about letting the 68 Bandmaster go. Would I regret this? I'm thinking the pro reverb can do everything the Bandmaster can do and more, and it has reverb.

If I let the Bandmaster go, I think I'd like to get something 15 watts, but not sure what would compliment what I have well, but under 500. Also curious, what I could fetch for the bandmaster. It's pristine condition.

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  2. Custom50

Custom50 Member

Funny, I have a drip edge vibro champ and a drip edge bandmaster as well. Honestly, you'd have to shoot me to get the bandmaster from me. It has the perfect amount of power for most gigs. I can either run it clean with pedals to get the dirt (if I can't crank it) or just crank it up. Mine is an overdrive machine but never gets into deafening plexi territory. It's just a great club amp.

3. aleiberman

aleiberman Member

Curious, what type of cabinet and speaker do you use?

Also, do you use reverb and/or overdrives? If so, curious what pedal works best for you?

4. el34junior

el34junior Supporting Member

Don't sell it.. For whatever reason the Drip rail early Silverface Bandmasters are my favorites.. And I've owned a 65'.. Nothing is better than the 63' I recorded thru once.
    Keep it!

5. sbpark

sbpark Member

The Pro and Bandmaster are very similar circuit-wise. I'd sell the Bandmaster head in a heartbeat. The Pro is a combo, so it's easier to tote around compared to a head and cab. But don't expect to get a ton for the Bandmaster head. I had a gorgeous '68 head and cab with the original C12N speakers that I had re-coned by Orange County and took a while to sell. People want smaller Fenders these days, like Princetons, Deluxes, and on the larger side, Pro's. Twins and Bandmasters are where it's at for a buyers market, but not for the sellers right now.

I sold the Bandmaster and bought a '72 Princeton Reverb and had a guy (Muchxs) go through it completely, and hot-rodded it so to speak. Sounds amazing, is super easy to carry around, and don't miss the Bandmaster for one minute. If I want a bigger amp I have a BMRI LTD, which is also pretty easy to carry given it's size, and a Silverface Champ (also worked on my Muchxs) for noodling at home.

6. Seth L

Seth L Silver Supporting Member

I'd hang on to that bandmaster with a death grip.

7. Custom50

Custom50 Member

You are so right. If anyone wants a twin, this is the time to look.

8. aleiberman

aleiberman Member

Ok, I will hang on to that head.

9. CptnMayo

CptnMayo Member

good, sold mine over ten years ago and still regret it to this day. :bitch