Should i sell or wait?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by PFCG, Feb 16, 2008.

1. PFCG

PFCG Member

Hey guys ive been torn lately.

I have my 100 Watt Two-Rock Custom Reverb Artist that ive had for a few years and i love it to death. It sounds awesome but lately ive really been playing such high gain stuff that this amp is just shy of what im after.

I am dying to get a Diezel Herbert. I played one recently and nearly had a heart attack. It sounds great!

The only thing that is really holding be back is the clean channel on the Two Rock is so damn good i dont want to loose it. It sounds so open and huge its astounding.

I have this problem though. Channel 2 dosnt sound as open and breathy as the first channel. It sounds very compressed and dosnt have the oomph that the Diezel has. Now that being said i know they are completely different, but i need to crank both channel 1 and channel 2 gains to the max to get the sound i like. And the problem with that is the clean channel gets distorted and it is not nearly as loud on channel 2 as it is on channel 1 when i switch between channels. Plus when i crank both gain pots, it gets really noisy with the feedback etc.

The Diezel is super quiet, and it has the gain im looking for. But the clean channel dosnt have reverb and its not like the TRs clean.

Id like to eventually have both and run a 2 amp setup, but i dont know if i should sell the Two Rock and get the Diezel then eventually get another Two Rock, or should i just wait. Id use the Two Rock for cleans and bluesy stuff and have the Diezel for super lead ****. And ive been contemplating selling my Acoustic Image Focus II R but i use that for my Piezo/Midi Sounds.

Im afraid if i sell the Two Rock ill never see it again and ill have made a big mistake. I dont know if any of the new ones do what this amp does. There are so few 100 watt artists models, especially the one i have, i like it better than the sig because of the clean tone being so damn pristine.

Im gunna have to do some videos to demonstrate how the amp is giving me trouble volume wise and the channel switching crap. Does anyone else have this problem?

Im all torn up about it, any suggestions?

2. v-verb

v-verb Member

call Bill and Joe at two rock and see if they can mod your lead channel

3. yoyohomieg5432

yoyohomieg5432 Member

4. PFCG

PFCG Member

id like to have both, but the duckets is an issue, if i wanted both i will have to wait maybe 6 months or so for the Herbert. And to have my TR modded would be costly would it not?

5. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change! Supporting Member

Try adding something like a zendrive to kick up the gain and attack out front. I can play a medium gain amp with a zendrive and get the same aound as my rectifier. That said, I had a diezel and didn't like it that much. Try an elmwood first. The M90 is cheaper and sounds much better to my ears than the diezels. The clean is fuller and the gain channel has a lot more bite. There are also footswitchable boosts and the loop is better.

6. yoyohomieg5432

yoyohomieg5432 Member

6 months is manageable. you said yourself if you sell the TR you may never see it again. and that regret will be with you alot longer than 6 months.

7. PFCG

PFCG Member

ive gotta try that modena 90, but the thing is i could get a good deal on a diezel, and i like the deep sound of the Diezel, ive never heard anything come out of the diezel i didnt like. I have however heard some elmwood stuff i didnt like.

Any other suggestions?

8. PFCG

PFCG Member

any more help?

9. v-verb

v-verb Member

did you email Two Rock? I would think a couple of hundred to mod.