Should I sell the timeline?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by markschick, Feb 16, 2012.

1. markschick

markschick Supporting Member

Ok I've got a timeline that I've had for a few months now. INCREDIBLE PEDAL. Probably one of the coolest I've ever owned as far as just how much it can do, and just sound awesome doing it. Here's my situation though... I just don't use all of the features. I use mostly just the tape, analog, digital, and lofi delays. I There's SO much tweak-ability it is almost stressful to make a preset haha. So I've thought about selling it to grab maybe an el capistan and a nice analog delay, or maybe a jhs panther. Thoughts?

2. telepunk

telepunk Member

Here's the thing. It's still a good value for you then. If you sell it and buy an El Cap you are only talking about $200 extra on top. You can pick up something decent for $200, but then you only have two delay sounds instead of the 4 you are using at the moment. And, you're giving up all those presets. Even if you only use 5-10 presets that's a heck of a lot more than the two you get with the El Cap.

I thought the same thing about my Timeline and I even put it up for trade at one point, but the more I considered my options the more I saw that the Timeline is a really great value. You can't even come close to the options and sounds for $450. And, then you get the all the presets too!

3. guitarpkr67

guitarpkr67 Supporting Member

I've had my TL since they came out and I only use the Tape setting 99% of the time. I do plan on using some of the other stuff in the future though. Especially for recording. So it's there when I need it.

4. theroan

theroan Member

For what you use, price wise, the pedal is still holding its value. I don't use a ton of stuff in the M9, but I like know its there just in case.