Should I trade my Gibson Vegas for a American Standard FSR Surf Green Strat

aleiberman

I have a 2006 Gibson Vegas Standard, which I rarely play. I already own a 1989 AM Standard and a 2000 MIM Strat. Really into strats right now.

I'm really liking this 2013 American Standard FSR run in Surf Green. Even trade.

Who would and wouldn't do the trade, and why?

Thanks

-CM-

Something Clever Here
Gold Supporting Member
I think everyone should own a Surf Green Strat, but I would keep the Gibson Vegas Standard for the sake of diversity. What don't you like about the Gibson?

jasons7

Silver Supporting Member
I didn't know what a Gibson Vegas was so I googled it. Even as a Strat lover I would probably keep the Gibson, it looks pretty cool! But that's me. I had up to 5 Strats at one point. Now I'm down to 2 that satisfy my Strat needs. I think to make the move worthwhile, you should try to get into something like an Eric Johnson. Not to poo poo the FSR Am Std, but you have one from a good Strat era.

budglo58

Silver Supporting Member
I might be inclined to check out the 50s classics in surf green. Great price for a solid guitar and nice platform to upgrade .

moosewayne

Silver Supporting Member
As much as I loves me my Strats--make no mistake, it's my favorite by light years--that is a pretty interesting and unique Gibson.
Unless that particular surf green FSR speaks to you like no other guitar you've played, I'd hang on to that Vegas.
You're going to be glad you did.
You'll always be able to pick yourself up a great Strat. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a Vegas in person.
Lots of cool Gibby features!
I agree with Jimi. Save your pennies and get a third Strat that way.
Good luck with your decision which side you go with.

aleiberman

Going to keep the Vegas. It's in excellent condition. I love the ebony fretboard. Plays like butter, and the neck is suburb. The Vegas standard with the stock 57''s might not be the best pickups for this guitar, but I'm going to hang on to it for now. I really plays fabulous. The 57's sound a bit sterile, so i'm looking for something else to replace with.

Jayyj

Silver Supporting Member
I remember that model coming out, thinking it looked incredible - I don't think they were a big seller though and there won't be many out there. I guess if it were mine and I was in your position I'd be thinking about what I'd do if I found myself missing it down the line, and how easy it would be to replace. If it's a rare model you might be waiting a while for another to come round.

jasons7

Silver Supporting Member
Going to keep the Vegas. It's in excellent condition. I love the ebony fretboard. Plays like butter, and the neck is suburb.
Ebony fretboard? Geez, you just put a Gibson Vegas on my GAS list right next to a PRS Vela.

Trending Topics