Should I trade my PRS SAS for an Anderson?

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by journo, Jun 20, 2005.

1. journo

journo Member

Hi,

For some reason I don't play my PRS SAS much. I really don't know why as it's a very nice guitar. I play my PRS McCarty a lot so who knows.

Now I have received an offer of an even trade for a Tom Anderson Strat style H/S/S guitar with a no locking trem (can't use Floyds myself).
    Please tell me what's good and not so attractive with Andersons.

Thanks!

Mats N

2. MOJO

MOJO Member

I would say it's a pretty fair trade as long as their both in good condition..

3. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

As a general rule, If I have a guitar that is not getting played as much as it should, I sell or trade it for something else. Why not trade it if its not getting the playtime it deserves? The Anderson will make you smile. ;) Sounds like a fair trade if they are in similiar cond.

Richard

4. ccteleman

ccteleman Member

I would thing Anderson's take on the vibe this guitar is after would be better anyway?

I kind of thought of the PRS SAS as a strat wana be. But then I 've never played one so....what do I know

The McCarty's are pretty sweat, though I don't seem to play mine much. Hhhmmmm, mabey I should sell it and get somthing else:)

C

5. Marty Horne

Marty Horne Guest

I've had 4 PRS and 1 Anderson and they are both great guitars. As was stated, if you're not using the SAS, why not not trade it for something that might be of more use to you? Besides that would still leave you with a PRS.

6. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

I agree. Can't go wrong with a nice Andy...........especially if your not using the SAS. Worse comes to worse you can always get your money back selling the Andy.........

7. Ken I

Ken I Silver Supporting Member

I've had quite a few nice guitars that I sold only because they were not played. So if the guitars are in equal condition and you are going to play the Andy I would make the trade.

8. journo

journo Member

Hi,

I'm not so sure about getting my money back as the Andersons have abysmal resale value in Sweden.

Cheers,

Mats N

9. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

I really dont understand why Andersons value is low, they are a very well made instrument, but that is what it is. The reason for the trade is not for investment is it? Its so you have a guitar you will play. For this reason it may still be a good trade. Andersons are (just for me, Flame suit on) a better made instrument than PRS IMO anyway.

Have fun either way.

Richard

10. mlynn02

mlynn02 Member

i love my sas, and the andersons that i've played have a very different feel than the prs. if you can try the new guitar out, you should play both of them in the same room at the same time. that's the best way to know exactly how they compare.

good luck with the deal!

11. journo

journo Member

Hi mlynn02,

I really like my SAS and therefore have no understanding why it doesn't get played. It just may be that my other guitars just suit me better.
    I would like to play both guitar under the conditions you mention but the seller lives far away.

I will give it some thought.
    Thanks for yours!

Cheers,

Mats N

12. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

I've had 4 Andersons and 7 PRS. IMO, if you want something that's more strat-like, the Anderson is a MUCH better choice, IMO. The SAS was one of my least satisfying PRS, to be honest. It's limited to a strat's "quack positions" -- which aren't really my faves and it doesn't really do them very well. They completely lose their tone when you play with much gain, IMO. The PRS played nicely and looked great but the Anderson's are far superior when it comes to tone. Just my opinion...

13. SuperSoundMusic

SuperSoundMusic Member

There are alot of guys here who own PRS guitars and like them so I don't want to pee anyone off. So......... all I am going to say is that if it were me, I would trade that PRS for that Anderson in a split second.