Should I upgrade reverbs

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by xXMeebleXx, Feb 8, 2015.

1. xXMeebleXx

xXMeebleXx Member

Hi, I am currently running a TC Nova Reverb on my board. I have been looking around a little to see if there is anything that would be a major upgrade over the TC. I have been looking at all ranges from the newer TC Hall of Fame all the way up the the Eventide Space Reverb.

I am just curious as to if there is anything that I would be able to justify spending the extra cash on. If it is only a small increase in quality I dont think I would go for it, but if it were a large one I would be very tempted.

2. jrjones

jrjones Member

I have a H9 that has the algorithms of the space on it and absolutely love it. I haven't used the nova reverb, but changed from a rv-5.

3. Sean413

Sean413 Member

My thoughts on this... Unless there's a sound that another reverb unit can do that yours can't( and you can't live without it ). I don't see a point in a upgrade

4. lhama

lhama Member

Check out youtube videos of both Big Sky, Space and Wet. If none of those gives you anything new you'll need in a reverb, then just keep your Nova.

While heavy duty reverbs are essential to some, it is not to others. You can do fine without one, and only rely on the room and the sound guy's on board gear. I use reverb as a fx, not a always on thingy.