• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Should the Stones have finally broken up after the death of Charlie Watts?

Jollyb

Silver Supporting Member

First gig ever without Charlie in almost 60 yrs. They are approaching 80 quickly.Jagger had heart surgery last year. They tapped Kieths bandmember and friend Steve Jordan to fill in.

Moving on with Jordan despite Only 2 original members ........its got to be different playing without Watts. Drummers change things more then you realize.

Was it time to finally just let it go?

How come some bands like Zeppelin just call it quits and bands like the Stones just cant?

pete692

Silver Supporting Member

First gig ever without Charlie in almost 60 yrs. They are approaching 80 quickly.Jagger had heart surgery last year. They tapped Kieths bandmember and friend Steve Jordan to fill in.

Moving on with Jordan despite Only 2 original members ........its got to be different playing without Watts. Drummers change things more then you realize.

Was it time to finally just let it go?

How come some bands like Zeppelin just call it quits and bands like the Stones just cant?
I think Zep might be the outlier here

GenoVox

Gold Supporting Member
I really hope they hang it up after this tour… but I strongly suspect they won’t

And if they’re gonna insist on going on, Steve Jordan is pretty much the perfect guy for the spot - and I think Charlie would think so too

Arirmar

Gold Supporting Member
I’ve seen the Stones on their Voodoo Lounge, and Bridges to Babylon tour. I have tickets for the Los Angeles tour date on this current tour.

At this point, it’s just go for the sake of saying “I saw The Rolling Stones.”

Turi

Watch what happens AFTER the tour.

You just don't cancel a tour like that without screwing with the incomes of hundreds of people.

My prediction: After the tour they'll call it a day.
I suspect something like this as well - but who knows.

Simon

Silver Supporting Member
I'm cool either way. Those guys have lived 10 lifetimes in one.
Obviously their commitment to music is strong. It's not like they've needed the $ for decades.
Except for Ron Wood. Who never kept a dollar past sunset.
He has an uncanny ability to burn threw giant sums of $ with bad decisions and influence, and often needs advances on upcoming tours.
A big part of that is him being a real rock star.

Jollyb

Silver Supporting Member
Hell no ... Steve Jordon is the perfect choice.
Not only will he reliably uphold Charlie's signature grooves ...
But also bring a spark of his own
No doubt. Not dissing Steve. He was in the original blues brothers and has been playing Stones music with Kieth going on 30 yrs.

I read an article once about a possible Beatles reunion in 95........McCartney, Harrison, Starr........and Clapton. They thought long and hard but ultimately decided just to record over one of Lennons originals . Becuase they said once it's the 4 of them or nothing.

Respect.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom