Show me your Dual Pedalboard Rigs...

Looking for inspiration after re-evaluating what I want out of my rig.

Taking jnepo1's lead, I am in the process of building two boards... One being my main board with all 100% necessary effects, and then a second board that connects to it via patch bays that contains controllers, expression pedals etc.

The thinking behind this is that I can use the main board for all gigs where space is tight, but bring the "controller" board along when stage space allows / in the studio.

I will post a few photos when I'm done, but I'm curious to see if I can get inspiration from anyone else who has done something similar...

Phisherman

I have two boards, however different from what you are explaining you'd like.

I have a large, All electric board that is for my home use.

And I have an acoustic board (when at home) that I added a filter and dual OD to which serves as my grab and go.

James

I love Jnepo's set-up and slick patch bays/snakes. :dude

I like to separate delays and looping from my main pedalboard, because 1) I consider them optional 2) they have different power supply requirements and 3) I'd rather move two small boards than one large one. This set-up is now slightly different (are pedalboards ever really "done"? :facepalm ) , but this is the basic idea.

Check out Michael Landau's recent dual pedalboard set-up. He puts reverb and delay on a separate board, which are (I believe) routed to a separate amp for wet/dry.

TRGuy

First pedalboard is all the essentials, and the second is my looping board.

Modfactor is out, Mobius on the way.

I plan on upgrading the looper board to a PT-2 or maybe a Pro and adding a Wah and a Volume pedal.

First pedalboard is all the essentials, and the second is my looping board.

Modfactor is out, Mobius on the way.

I plan on upgrading the looper board to a PT-2 or maybe a Pro and adding a Wah and a Volume pedal.
Very nice.

I'm trying to do something similar, but the second board will contain all my "controlllers" - expression pedals, Multiswitch for the looper of the Timeline, and will hopefully not require power.

kludge

The droid you're looking for
Gold Supporting Member

I'm about to wire this layout up. I tested it out in band practice tonight and it works great! I do a lot of "dancing" on the delay/reverb pedals in this particular band, so having the Meteore, Nova Delay, mono Wet, and Slate EXP all out front in easy reach is very important. I like that the Boss volume fits on the board, although I wish it had a more gentle sweep. This may be the first board configuration in ages that works well for both bands!

The Meteore, DOD 250, and Wave Cannon are all new to me in the past month, and haven't been velcro'd yet. I'm going to experiment with backing them with gaffer's tape and putting velcro on the gaffer's tape, to minimize the damage to the pedals from velcro.

Thanks for the contribution...I'm looking more specifically for people who have two boards to run simulataeneuosly...e.g. One dry board, one wet board, or in my case (once it's built)...one board for effects, and one for controllers/expression pedals.

stratowine

I love Jnepo's set-up and slick patch bays/snakes. :dude

I like to separate delays and looping from my main pedalboard, because 1) I consider them optional 2) they have different power supply requirements and 3) I'd rather move two small boards than one large one. This set-up is now slightly different (are pedalboards ever really "done"? :facepalm ) , but this is the basic idea.

Check out Michael Landau's recent dual pedalboard set-up. He puts reverb and delay on a separate board, which are (I believe) routed to a separate amp for wet/dry.
I like your board and I'm curious about your ocd's setting...are you using it as a boost??

James

Thank you for the kind words, stratowine. I really like the OCD with the Drive knob set very low, and the Volume knob set slightly above unity gain. I don't consider it a boost, but rather just a low-gain, Marshall-esque tone. I find that this allows me to control the amount of gain with picking dynamics. I should also mention that I run the OCD at 18 volts.

The Drive knob is a bit lower than normal in that picture.

Funky Monkey

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for the contribution...I'm looking more specifically for people who have two boards to run simulataeneuosly...e.g. One dry board, one wet board, or in my case (once it's built)...one board for effects, and one for controllers/expression pedals.
My original reason for ordering from jnepo1 was to get my "treadle" pedals onto a flat board and my "effects" onto a separate two-tiered board. It was great in theory but, as James wrote, are pedalboards ever really "done"? My main issues were that I need my noise gate BEFORE my volume pedal, but AFTER fuzzes that react undesirably to things being on in front of them. So my treadle board ended up getting littered with other pedals and I had to go back to the drawing board.

I recently re-organized (sparked partly by troubleshooting RF interference and ground loop hum) and now have my wah and volume pedal on the floor to the right, my "main" board in the middle, and my flat board to the left with my rotary sim, chorus, delay, reverb and Ditto looper. I managed to get the RF and hum to disappear, too. Whew!

elevenstrings

This is an older picture of my boards... but I guess it's appropriate for this thread.

This is actually 3 boards. The row of pedals above the Strymons, slides into the back of the main board and only takes a few seconds to connect (there's Ojais and an Expressionator on the back of it). The wiring is cleaner back there now.

The main board is the one with the TimeLine/H9. This is what I take for the average gig - I occasionally do gigs where I'm more background and I'll bring the sideboard (and the top board) for more weird stuff and improvisation.

On the main board, there is input/output jacks on the side and back to patch in the 2 extra boards before the stereo pedals. Each extra board can be turned off/on via the bypass switcher next to the Boomerang. The switcher also will reverse the order of the two extra boards. The signal path starts at the bypass switcher then goes into the volume pedal and into the stereo pedals (h9, strymons, boomerang).

There have been a lot of changes to the board (whole middle row on the main board and a few changes to the side and top board) - I'll post something in the main pedalboard thread with a new pic in a couple of months.

Cgkindler

This is an older picture of my boards... but I guess it's appropriate for this thread.

This is actually 3 boards. The row of pedals above the Strymons, slides into the back of the main board and only takes a few seconds to connect (there's Ojais and an Expressionator on the back of it). The wiring is cleaner back there now.

The main board is the one with the TimeLine/H9. This is what I take for the average gig - I occasionally do gigs where I'm more background and I'll bring the sideboard (and the top board) for more weird stuff and improvisation.

On the main board, there is input/output jacks on the side and back to patch in the 2 extra boards before the stereo pedals. Each extra board can be turned off/on via the bypass switcher next to the Boomerang. The switcher also will reverse the order of the two extra boards. The signal path starts at the bypass switcher then goes into the volume pedal and into the stereo pedals (h9, strymons, boomerang).

There have been a lot of changes to the board (whole middle row on the main board and a few changes to the side and top board) - I'll post something in the main pedalboard thread with a new pic in a couple of months.

If my mind could, it would have a boner right now.......

Not Orange

Gold Supporting Member

Wow, where did you get those boards? I'd love to have something like that

Trending Topics