• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Show me your Jazzmaster

Hulakatt

Gold Supporting Member
I love Jazzmasters but they just feel way too huge for me, like playing a bass. The Jaguars feel much more normal to me, they feel like a normal Fender even though I know the scale is shorter.

Laced Senses

Circa '96 The Ventures signature Jazzmaster Made in Japan

VJM 5_.jpg

VJM 6___.jpg

VJM 9_.JPG

Circa 2007 Seafoam Green AVRI Jazzmaster
SFGreen Jazz 1.jpg SFGreen Jazz 3.jpg

Also, if you're seeking to get the most out of a Jazzmaster tone-wise and struggle with the bridge and strings popping out of saddles, then either use heavy gauge strings or replace the stock bridge with a Mastery bridge. Personally, I prefer 0.012 gauge flat wound jazz strings for Jazzmasters.

Last edited:

Hulakatt

Gold Supporting Member
Circa '96 The Ventures signature Jazzmaster Made in Japan

View attachment 285473

View attachment 285474

View attachment 285475

Circa 2007 Seafoam Green AVRI Jazzmaster
View attachment 285476 View attachment 285477

Also, if you're seeking to get the most out of a Jazzmaster tone-wise and struggle with the bridge and strings popping out of saddles, then either use heavy gauge strings or replace the stock bridge with a Mastery bridge. Personally, I prefer 0.012 gauge flat wound jazz strings for Jazzmasters.
My eyes bugged out a bit when I saw that HiWatt 400 sitting there. I can feel how loud that thing must be. BTW, totally agree about the bridge and strings.

Laced Senses

My eyes bugged out a bit when I saw that HiWatt 400 sitting there. I can feel how loud that thing must be. BTW, totally agree about the bridge and strings.
No kiddin'!!! You have good instincts!! A fully cranked HIWATT DR405 with a sextet of KT88 power tubes and output transformer the size of my head through a quad of 4X12 cabs is a truly glorious experience. Anybody complaining about 'too loud' is asked to leave the party when I host. Hopefully, the fun will resume sometime after this whole virus pandemic situation subsides. Right, the Jazzmaster was originally designed for use w/ thick jazz strings although ended up being popular with the surf crowd scene and later the noise rock and shoegaze and alt rock scenes.....all of which can be really awesome depending on the artist.