• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Show me your K-Line Truxton's!

trojanhov

Tell me the specs you chose (and why if you'd like), and post a pic! I'm in the process of figuring out specs and could use some inspiration!

Presc

Here’s a very recent shot of mine, which I ordered in 2012. I was going for more of a rock/blues Tele (Stones/Crowes/Zep/Robben Ford) and Chris recommended the alder / rosewood combo and Lollar Vintage T and Special T pickups which I LOVE although I know Chris rolls his own now. The Special T still sounds like a Tele but has some extra beef and I really prefer have a touch more output from the bridge pickup. I believe the neck is Chris’ standard shape which is a nice full C/U neck and 10” radius. Nothing fancy, just great execution of a classic.

This guitar had a new finish and was my primary gigging and rehearsal guitar while playing in bands from 2012-2015. Just a home player since then. Chris shoots the nitro super super thin and it wears pretty quickly as you can see!

67BDFA93-51A6-471F-8EF1-DD6835069E7B.jpeg
28F5C042-42C3-4F38-8A32-44B08266D28A.jpeg

Last edited:

trojanhov

Here’s a very recent shot of mine, which I ordered in 2012. I was going for more of a rock/blues Tele (Stones/Crowes/Zep/Robben Ford) and Chris recommended the alder / rosewood combo and Lollar Vintage T and Special T pickups which I LOVE although I know Chris rolls his own now. The Special T still sounds like a Tele but has some extra beef and I really prefer have a touch more output from the bridge pickup. I believe the neck is Chris’ standard shape which is a nice full C/U neck and 10” radius. Nothing fancy, just great execution of a classic.

This guitar had a new finish and was my primary gigging and rehearsal guitar while playing in bands from 2012-2015. Just a home player since then. Chris shoots the nitro super super thin and it wears pretty quickly as you can see!

View attachment 275356
View attachment 275357
Beauty that one! I’m considering swamp ash with rw board a la jimmy pages 59.

Jeff Gehring

Gold Supporting Member
Not a Truxton, kinda like one but more stretchy. I just got this Texola from another TGPer on kind of an impulse buy. I really like the guitar -- great weight and balance, pickups sound great, just a marginally too-skinny neck. Gonna play it for a while then think about getting a bigger neck from Chris.

trojanhov

Not a Truxton, kinda like one but more stretchy. I just got this Texola from another TGPer on kind of an impulse buy. I really like the guitar -- great weight and balance, pickups sound great, just a marginally too-skinny neck. Gonna play it for a while then think about getting a bigger neck from Chris.

Is that a roasted neck? how does it feel? do u know the specs of your neck? my k line truxton special p90 is .83 and it feels just right for me. The texola is on my radar too!

Jeff Gehring

Gold Supporting Member
Yes it is 'roasted' maple, with a satin finish. It's a 0.880" V with a 10" radius. Feels great, just too dang small. Feels smaller than 0.88" to me, must be the V profile.

M40A1

Silver Supporting Member

View attachment 275356
View attachment 275357
Gorgeous guitar!

K-Line

Vendor
Yes it is 'roasted' maple, with a satin finish. It's a 0.880" V with a 10" radius. Feels great, just too dang small. Feels smaller than 0.88" to me, must be the V profile.
It is a .880SSV. V necks always feel thinner than a comparable C neck at the same size. Shoulders matter. I always recommend a .920SSV when getting one if you like a fuller feel.

Ferg Deluxe

Double Platinum Member

I saw that when it was for sale, and almost scooped it up. It’s a looker — congrats on a good find!

If you ever want to sell it, feel free to ping me. :)

Ferg Deluxe

Double Platinum Member
This thread is killing me. I just placed my order for a Springfield, and now I must be patient. Of course I had a hard time deciding between the Springfield and the Truxton. Seeing these Truxtons has me wanting one of them too.

ogdenjf

Platinum Supporting Member
I got the Blonde direct from Chris and he told me the neck was 0.850.
I haven’t measured them, but the others feel similar in size.

Lauri Vennonen

Silver Supporting Member
My Texola has 0.838" measured and Springfield 0.850" by the spec card. Both are very comfy medium c-shapes with balanced taper and shoulders.

K-Line

Vendor
Is medium c .850? My truxton special I believe is .830 and I might want something just slightly beefier for a change
Your silver special is a .830". I remember who that was originally built for. HE always like me to knock off a few from the regular .850"C. If is says med-c, usually that is a .850".

Trending Topics