• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Show me your K-Line Truxton's!

trojanhov

Your silver special is a .830". I remember who that was originally built for. HE always like me to knock off a few from the regular .850"C. If is says med-c, usually that is a .850".
That neck is one of the best ones I’ve held. I’m thinking I might go just a little thicker for a Truxton, so the medium C .850 neck sounds like a good idea!

Last edited:

jblair

D09C8904-E182-4F24-8D81-D17C7D6A8592.jpeg
Pretty sure it’s the medium C, 1.65 at the nut. 10” radius with Lollars. Played more than a few teles - this is a really good guitar.

silhouette666

I got mine last year and I love it. The Lollar Gold Foil is excellent and it took me a little while to find the best height/setup for the Lollar P90, but I love that too. It really is one hell of a well made guitar. BTW the set up for the P90 meant that I replaced the 250k volume and tone pots for a pair of Bare Knuckle 500k pots. That got rid of the darkness of the P90 and opened out the sound of the Gold Foil. It turned a good guitar into a sensational one.

Attachments

Mr Fingers

lol. Funny how my k line is simply better sounding and feeling than most custom shop fenders I’ve held and played. But at the heart of it youre right. They are “copies,” but built to a higher standard. Ymmv of course
Funny... that's exactly what I meant. Seriously. What I find outrageous beyond description is that Fender can't copy itself decently unless you go to the Custom Shop and overpay in a major way (and appreciably more than other makers charger for better work!) I have all kinds of Fender stuff I like, even a MIM Strat and an Affinity Tele (made god knows where, by robots) and they play and sound (with different PUs) quite fine. But they do not measure up at all to a really finely made iteration of the "same" guitar. And K-lines and others exceed the quality of everything but (maybe) some of the so-called "Master" CS stuff, which is stupidly expensive.

trojanhov

I did see that... I went with the Extra Light distressing, so just wondering if I should've gone with the Light or Medium option. I think I'll be happy with it though!
my apologies for misinterpreting what you meant man! I agree. Even the custom shop examples don’t feel or sound like the other builders I’ve played. K line, whitfill, etc. I have a novo on order too. I won’t spend custom shop money for fender. I’d rather support small builders. I end up with a better guitar

Trending Topics