Show me your Klon(e) guts

omfg51

Bit of background, I've been looking into DIY Klone kits, and toying around with buying/building one, but I'm trying to get a bit more info on how they differ in terms of parts and how they effect the tone of each Klone.

I want to get some good looks at the guts of any Klons and/or Klones out there, and for those of you who assembled your own Klones, if you could give me a rundown of the parts you used, that would be really helpful!!

randykenepp

Here is the inside of mine: WIMA and TDK/EPCOS Box film Caps, Nichochon/Panasonic Electrolytics, Xicon resistors, and TI ICs. Couldn't be happier, sounds really good!

Edit: Also DO7 diodes <- These are essential :) :) :) ahahaha

GazMX5

I built this 2 years ago using a MadBean Sunking 2 board. Smallbear NOS 1n34A equivalents. I used MadBean's tone mod suggestions. This is probably never coming off my pedalboard.

I was able to directly compare it with my brother in law's real Klon, it's REALLY close.(just not when the knobs are set as they are in the pic ;))

I also built a Klone using the Aion electronics board and Russian D9E germanium diodes. I unfortunately don't have a pic. For some reason it sounds more brittle even though I used the same capacitor and resistor values as my MadBean build.

Clark GriswoId

Looks Great. Little Full, Lotta Sap.
Silver Supporting Member
Mklec.com vero klone.

Yes, way messy on the inside and a super challenging DIY, but worth rvery minute of my time.

Very challenging.

smoss469

I was very impressed with the quality of work once I opened the case. I couldn't have built my own for that price!

Trending Topics