Show me your little custom-things!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by New_Guy, Feb 14, 2012.

1. New_Guy

New_Guy Member

Hello everyone. We all know this: We want a certain device or solution for our pedalboard or amp setup that just doesn't exist. So we either order a custom unit or make one ourselves. This is the Thread to show those things...

Show your custom power supplies, patchboxes, interfaces, micstands, selfmade pedals, cable snakes whatever!

I really wanna see what you guys have!

2. teleclem

teleclem Member

Do the DMC controllers count? :)

3. New_Guy

New_Guy Member

everything counts in large amounts!

4. S. S. Bender

S. S. Bender Member

I built an adjustable lap steel stand, and the pedal board to which it's mounted:

[​IMG]

5. Squigglefunk

Squigglefunk Senior Member

I dont have a pic of it, but I built a true bypass pedal for my pedalboard so I can bypass the whole thing and go guitar direct to amp, then I added a cab simulator to it so for small gigs where space/volume is a concern I just flick the switch to activate the cab sim and go direct into the PA. It actually doesn't sound bad at all. A bunch of my guitar buddies have been to shows and didn't even notice I had no amp until I told em at set break.

6. MrSoGood

MrSoGood Member

I built a slide holder.

[​IMG]

7. cpricecpa

cpricecpa Member

'A' for ingenuity.

8. Guitarman19853

Guitarman19853 Member

These are old boards of mine. The aluminum pedal with the footswitch in the center and 5 cables is a volume pedal switcher. The footswitch changes the left volume pedal from a volume pedal (in the chain before delay) to an expression pedal for the M13. That is probably my most creative build.

[​IMG]

I also built my own Eventide Aux switch to fit into 2 smaller enclosures to accommodate a pedaltrain mini. The red 2 button switch are repeat and bank down, and the green switch is tap tempo.

[​IMG]

9. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

This was built for me by Casey Hanson of Fallout-labs.com. It's my pedalboard interface w/ internal switching among other things. I wanted a loop before the buffered signal for my fuzz/overdrive, it can also be bypassed and the signal can go straight into the buffered signal if need be. Casey also put his awesome "Stevia" buffer into the unit. For the FX Loop, I have recently been using an FX Loop in the amp, but when I don't have an FX loop the signal reverts to the front. Casey integrated an auto switching w/in the unit to send the effects from the loop to the front of the amp. All I have to do is not connect instrument cables into the send/return jacks that would go to the amp.

Great build, excellent buffer, couldn't be happier.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  10. VHS analog

VHS analog Member

[​IMG]
    FX router slash A/B box

11. Prof.Fuzz

Prof.Fuzz Supporting Member

Me too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. MrSoGood

MrSoGood Member

Ah yes, I have admired your slide holder build before, very nice! I really like that custom Lumpy's 73 Boost!

13. The Kid

The Kid Member

That is just incredibly cool!

14. ccouch7

ccouch7 Member

I built this rackmount preamp selector for my Bass rig a while back.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gutted, sandblasted and rebuilt this old footswitch with new parts for footswitching it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  15. Objector

Objector Member

[​IMG]

I am currently building my own custom pedalboard and when it's finished, I'll post a topic here.

But here you see a sneak preview. I didn't want to lose precious pedal-space, by buying an AB switch to switch between my wireless and guitar cable. So I just made an AB switch by soldering the cables directly to the switch.

16. vanguard

vanguard Member

very "Cornish"

17. Prof.Fuzz

Prof.Fuzz Supporting Member

Thank you!

The Custom 73 is great, but I found my feet are too big to be able to cleanly switch between modes, so it's back at Lumpy's Tone Shop for a rehouse. This time it will be a single footswitch to toggle between the 69/73 modes and a small toggle switch (like the original 73 Boost) for On/Off. Since I'm using it as an always-on pedal, that should be a more workable arrangement.

18. guiltless

guiltless Member

I made little custom controllers for my Stereo Wet. Each one controls one of the expression outs. I set the bottom knobs to where I like my standard reverb sound. The top knobs I rotate with my feet to control a huge, lush sound. The switch changes between the 2.

[​IMG]

19. zephaniah zion

zephaniah zion Member

TGP is amazing! This is the very coolest and most creatively inspiring thing I've seen on TGP! How did you do it? PM me if you don't mind.:omg

20. 4nd3h

4nd3h Member

'Splain this, please? What is it made of?