• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Show me your mahagony guitar in something other than cherry finish.

straightblues

I have a mahagony guitar that I am getting ready to finish an want to do something beside the traditional cherry and still be able to see the grain. What do you got out there???

Luke Gibson

Gold Supporting Member
Natural Mahagony or Walnut (color) is what Gibson called it (I think?) ....I only waited 33 years for one of these, it's a little rough around the edges! Whoever owned it originally played the **** out of it. After 1 strum, I knew it was special... Rings like a tuning fork!

jeffwith1f

I'm having difficulties with this one.....loks more like maple than mahogany

Oops, I suspect you're right
I just checked Ghrun's Vintage Guide, and it describes the Tennesean as having Maple back and sides (and the chromyte center block). interestingly, does not mention the top, but seems to me that it would likely be the same laminate maple.

and technically the colour is "Sunrise orange".

if yer into bright colours....it's a looker.

straightblues

Thanks guys, what about the white, purple, yellow, orange and green ones. I know they are out there. Let us see them.

Rhomco

Making UPS, FEDEX and USPS richer every day!
Silver Supporting Member
Here ya go a recent restoration I did. Dark grain filler and just a bit of tobacco brown in the clear nitro.

Taller

Gold Supporting Member
This is my PRS Standard in the now sadly discontinued Walnut stain. It's a deep red color and looks great under stage lights:

My Heritage 137:

jeffwith1f

I thought you wanted transparent colours, my blue and green guitars are more opaque, although, you can actually see the grain through the metalic green on my robot LP...

Blue Mist Metalic

Green Metallic

Trending Topics