• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Show me your MJT builds! (2019 and beyond!)

TheWayfarer84

Silver Supporting Member
Wow, I really like the color on the Tele. Is that a standard finish that you can order from MJT and if so, what’s it called?
Aztec gold - or maybe "Aged Aztec". I believe this one was hit with some amber to tone down the "bullion" color of aztec. Firemist Gold is a less intense gold too.

Visual Guy

Silver Supporting Member
Hey folks! Lots of great guitars here! I’m the OP and I figured I’d update you all on mine! Even thought I didn’t say it much publicly, I was still a little underwhelmed with the color of the Firemist Silver that MJT sent. I approved it before they shipped, but its hard to judge over digital screens not to mention it is a considered a custom color for them and not one they offer on their site. So, I’ve been (responsibly) baking my tele in sunlight since March, and it has finally reached a greenish color I hoped for.

Check out the photos in this instagram post I made. Cheers and keep them coming. Love seeing all these awesome guitars!

ndtealmusic

Hey folks! Lots of great guitars here! I’m the OP and I figured I’d update you all on mine! Even thought I didn’t say it much publicly, I was still a little underwhelmed with the color of the Firemist Silver that MJT sent. I approved it before they shipped, but its hard to judge over digital screens not to mention it is a considered a custom color for them and not one they offer on their site. So, I’ve been (responsibly) baking my tele in sunlight since March, and it has finally reached a greenish color I hoped for.

Check out the photos in this instagram post I made. Cheers and keep them coming. Love seeing all these awesome guitars!

See what happens when I'm not on Instagram? I miss all your best posts!

josetxu

What’s your experience with MJT reds? Fender Fiesta always looks great (to me that I like a real red) in photos but I’ve never really like them in person. Dakota seems better to me but, maybe is too dark? Looking for something like Mark Knopfler’s ‘61 strat (that was refinished we he bought it in some random red):

Trending Topics