show me your rack

Discussion in 'The Rack Space' started by Alex Kenivel, Oct 5, 2016.

1. AnalogKid85

AnalogKid85 Member

2. hydroquebec

hydroquebec Member

3. looper309

looper309 Supporting Member

Hey hydro I love my POG2. Mammoth Electronics installed these clickless switches. Nice and quiet.
    [​IMG]

hydroquebec likes this.
  4. italo de angelis

italo de angelis Member

Billy

as nice as it looks... the heat will be a problem for the H8000FW. It doesn't like it at all.
    It really wants free space, up and down... and a support under its back is a good thing too.
    Parameters formatting.... check the presets and see how well aligned they are (vertically).
    Elegant programming....

5. AnalogGuy1200

AnalogGuy1200 Member

Where did you get those, what look to be 1/2 U space fillers? So amazing.
    Daddy likey!

6. Dave L

Dave L Member

I probably bought these from Thomann.

7. DieHon

DieHon Member

Beautiful rack! I'm gasing for an H8000 for a long time. Maybe with the H9000 its price will come down.

I thought the H8000 would have enough power to do what a PCM and Enclipse do together. Sometimes I think about selling my rack and getting an H8000, but I don't know if I would miss the Lexicon.

hydroquebec likes this.
  8. italo de angelis

italo de angelis Member

I can do ALL the Eclipse does in a single H8000 DSP.
    As for the PCM80, most of its algorithms can be replicated on a single DSP.
    But you don't get all this stuff by simply getting an H8000. A lot of these algorithms need to be created... or you can use the Eventide versions of them.

9. hydroquebec

hydroquebec Member

As much as I know @italo de angelis is going to flame me for this, I think it's a great pedal. The shifting algorithm is quite nice and I like the swell controls on there for doing Cathedral type stuff.

Okay, I will look into spacing and supports. Rack space is gone now, but the 91 might go at some point.

I also want my parameter values right-justified. It's really f'ing with my OCD. I found the section in the manual, but I will have to do some more experiments, as it's not easy to understand which flag works for right-justify. I just need more time to analyze this stuff, but keep focusing on trying new modules. I can't figure out the tap modules just yet either.

Maybe heat won't be a terrible problem for now. I find myself frustrated lately that I only get an hour or so with this at a time.

looper309 likes this.
  10. hydroquebec

hydroquebec Member

I think what @italo de angelis says below is correct. It is capable of these sounds, but I see this coming in months/years of work. I'm understanding vSig basics, but I'm drawing with 4 crayons here. This thing is incredibly deep and I'll need to learn a lot more before I unlock Lexicon-type stuff.

I struggle lately with 96k. I'm spoiled by the reverbs at this rate... I know 48k will give me sooooo much more, but it's hard, man....it's hard.

11. italo de angelis

italo de angelis Member

I'm answering to this in the H8000 thread....

12. italo de angelis

italo de angelis Member

I'd call the POG special fx "pitch shifting"... a different thing.

13. hydroquebec

hydroquebec Member

Agreed. For me this is "one of those pedals that has it's place in front of the amp", much like my Janglebox and Big Muff.

And back to the rack, there are issues that still remain, like placing the Eclipse in series. There is a serious gain cut when a 50% mix is introduced and I'm afraid the only way to solve this without adding noise is to employ a proper mixer. We'll see how 2018 pans out.

14. hydroquebec

hydroquebec Member

Thank you. Elegant programming, as you put it, is important. Not just from an arrangement perspective, but also in a savings of clock cycles. I think knowledge of modules + knowledge of how to optimize these within the algorithm are almost equally important.

15. italo de angelis

italo de angelis Member

Elegant UI won't really hit DSP cycles... but it'll help user brain cycles a lot! A quick look at the display should give all info in a clean way.
    More posts on UI in the other thread, shortly...

16. jaykay73

jaykay73 Member

Yeah it was me.

I like posterior shots. Nice work.

JK

hydroquebec likes this.
  17. MikeDV

MikeDV Supporting Member

18. looper309

looper309 Supporting Member

Nothing new, just consolidated and organized. Got tired of crouching down and it's staying put for while, so what the hey.
    In descending chronological order (more or less), Top: Best stuff, w/ 80 and JamMan in desktop aux sends; Middle: Somewhat less complex, into Samson mixer w/ 81 in aux send; Bottom: Old friends Roland and DigiTech units (you never know), with 81 in aux send.
    So the 81 is in the effects loop for the middle and bottom racks, for max utilization, but each rack is still basically a standalone deal...as the mood hits.
    The Samson goes into the power amp and frfr's and the top rack into the Mackie and through powered 8" monitors...for now.
    Still gotta find a home for the sy-300. Now to relearn how to play the guitar and dig in to the machines.:facepalm

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    ccouch7, AnalogKid85, PSH and 3 others like this.
  19. ToneLounge

ToneLounge Guitar Maker Silver Supporting Member

Rack history from first to current?

It started with a slaved IIc+ and Studio preamp...
    [​IMG]

Then I had the Boogie IIc+ and Mk III in stereo. EQs were moved to be pre-loop and I switched between heads - four preamp voices. I loved this rig!

[​IMG]

Then I was given the Prototype Triaxis and first Simul 2:90. This rig also featured the proto Yamaha/Soldano T50 built by Mike Soldano...

[​IMG]

The came the Guytron W/D/W rig with the prototype Pod Pro (switched between Guytron and Pro for preamp - Guytron powered the center cab, VHT stereo power amp for the wets)...

[​IMG]

Modern era in next post...

20. ToneLounge

ToneLounge Guitar Maker Silver Supporting Member

Next up was the Egnater M4 modular system with external heads for power amps...
    [​IMG]

Then back to the Mk IIc+ and Mk III two head concept...

[​IMG]

Then back to a W/D/W rig - this time with Two Rock gear...

[​IMG]

And I have a thing for tidy wiring...

[​IMG]

Now working on the 2018 rig...