show me your rack

eric42434224

Nice rig, but do you really want to be advertising so strongly for Mesa with that enormous logo? Does the rack version come with that triple crown badge or did you mount it?

I guess with the two 4Us you can stack them nicely, but it seems like a marginal benefit vs just putting a head on top of a 4U, which would be easier to carry around than two 4Us.

Despite my nitpicks, I bet it sounds great!
Fair questions I suppose :)
Yes I am a Mesa fan. I have always loved them since heard/watched Petrucci in the 90’s. I had a Boogie Satellite 60 (with a jmp1) back then, and always dreamed of having a triaxis or Recto. Or a Mark.
So now I have the TC, I just love looking at it :). Great amp by the way. So versatile and easy to dial in.
And no, I added both badges, the Mesa Engineering, and the Triple Crown one.
I put the amp in the rack because I felt it would be more protected than with the head shell and a dust cover. I got killer deals on the rack shell and case, I couldn’t pass it up. It is my biggest $ investment in a single piece of gear, and I really love it, so I plan on keeping it long term and wanted to protect it. I feel practically zero gas when it comes to my amp, because it really can do anything I ask of it. I am also using it with the Stomp for modeling and it works great.
As far as easier, I disagree. The weight difference is not that much vs w/ the head. With the rack I get two handles, a hard shell to totally enclose and protect it better (plus some foam and rubber mounts and padding for added shock damper), and with the head, I was always worried about dinging it.

index.php
20220614_170256.jpg
20220614_170519.jpg

download.jpeg

Attachments

• 20220614_170350.jpg
    20220614_170350.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 618
Last edited:
download.jpeg

20220614_170256.jpg

Okay, from my guitar , it goes thru a Decibel Eleven Loop Expander ; with the buffer engaged. Pedals are not in the picture.
Loop #1. Behringer AM100 Acoustic Modeler.
Loop #2. Arion Hot Watt 2 with a MXR 10 Band Eq.
Loop #3. EHX Ravish pedal.
Loop #4. Undecided.
Then....
To a Digitech RP-12, then the signal goes to a Digitech RP-1 with a Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster pedal in the effects loop and then a Mosky Pure Buffer.
Then to rack #1 , powered by a ETA PD8 Power Conditioner. With Ebtech Hum Eliminators between each unit.
1. Pre Eq BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer
2. Pre Eq Hush 2XC Noise Reduction unit
3. DOD 31 band Eq for the right channel.
4. DOD 31 band Eq for the left channel .
5. Post Eq Hush Noise Reduction unit .
6. Behringer 1124P Feedback Destroyer. I used the 12 band Parametric Eq to cut / boost frequencies that the graphic Eq don't handle.
7. Post Eq BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer
Then the signal goes to a Digitech 2112 SGS ( has two 12ax7 ) BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer running in the front inputand the effects loop of the 2112.
From the 2112's left and right outputs it goes into two VHT Valvulator 1's ( each has a 12ax7 tube ) finally, two Crate Power Blocks with a Hush / Rocktron Super C Noise Reduction unit and a BBE 482 Sonic Maximizer in the effects loop of both CPB's.
Powered by a Monster 2500 Power Conditioner with ( not pictured ) a Monster 1100 Power Bar feeding power to my effects board and rack units.

With my set up, I can have three part guitar harmonies, gain stack, stack my modulation, stack my delays and stack my reverb, in infinite combinations seamlessly go from one patch to another without any glichglitches.

Last edited:

Merv's Mods

I don't think I would even if money isn't an issue. I like the tones I get out of the prophecy. I use the G-major in the loop just for the chorus on a couple of presets. I don't need IR's, or things like that. The Marshall power amp into my 2 112 cabinets just "do it" for me. I can pretty much get whatever sound I want with this set up.

Of course the Crate Stealth and Blackheart Handsome Devil have tones of their own that I like when I want that guitar to amp sound.

Speakers are a WGS Reaper and Eminence Texas Heat, in Eminence speaker cabs.

tayholliday

Jul 5 2022.jpg

Ok ok, mostly not a rack rig. I'd like it to be, but the Mimiq pedal seems to sound best when run before the preamps (otherwise, it's too pronounced of an effect for me). So that would require two rack preamps, or modeling. Rack power amps all seem to have fans, which are probably loud, and I like to practice quietly. Was thinking about getting a Fryette 2:50:2 and replacing the fan with a Noctua (works really well on my little MkV!), but then I'd have to use modeling for the preamp.

Sounds huge!! Running the Eclipse in dual mono because a single stereo reverb seemed to reduce the mimiq effect (after all, two guitarists, which the mimiq simulates, wouldn't be sharing the same effects box). Unfortunately that means the Eclipse can only run one effect (I had a diatonic shifter before the reverb previously). Also needed to use an isolation transformer (Lehle P-Split) to avoid a ground loop (it's the box sitting on top). There's another cab off camera.

tayholliday

Does this count? At least half the rig is pedalboard haha but it is the best compromise right now for portability.

Six channels, 4cm with the HX Stomp and midi switched drive pedals. There's a Captor X hiding in there as well so I can go direct. I'm thinking of switching to a Powerstation to shave off another ~2-3kg.

View attachment 561755
I like how the colors of your rig match the children’s play kitchen on the left.

Jack Luminous

View attachment 649940

Ok ok, mostly not a rack rig. I'd like it to be, but the Mimiq pedal seems to sound best when run before the preamps (otherwise, it's too pronounced of an effect for me). So that would require two rack preamps, or modeling. Rack power amps all seem to have fans, which are probably loud, and I like to practice quietly. Was thinking about getting a Fryette 2:50:2 and replacing the fan with a Noctua (works really well on my little MkV!), but then I'd have to use modeling for the preamp.

Sounds huge!! Running the Eclipse in dual mono because a single stereo reverb seemed to reduce the mimiq effect (after all, two guitarists, which the mimiq simulates, wouldn't be sharing the same effects box). Unfortunately that means the Eclipse can only run one effect (I had a diatonic shifter before the reverb previously). Also needed to use an isolation transformer (Lehle P-Split) to avoid a ground loop (it's the box sitting on top). There's another cab off camera.

I think you could easily mimic the mimiq using just the Eclipse. just detune +/-3 and delay one side by 10 ms. mix dry in the center.

tayholliday

I think you could easily mimic the mimiq using just the Eclipse. just detune +/-3 and delay one side by 10 ms. mix dry in the center.
Thanks. I'll try that but I suspect it won't be as good. The mimiq randomizes its delay time based on the transients, trying to simulate someone playing the same thing. It sounds different than a detune effect.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom