• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Show me your vintage Strat

snglcoil

since the 70s stuff seems to be vintage already I am happy to contribute:

left 2 right: '73, '72, '75, '76

Ariel Pozzo

That's not a 1984 American Standard...in fact in '84 that model didn´t even exist. American Standards were first issued in very late '86/early '87. The E4 serial number decals (left overs from the CBS years) were used until '89. The only way to know for sure the year your guitar was made is by looking at the neck pocket where you can find the actual date of completion.
I'd bet that one is an '88. If you take a look at the neck pocket please let me know! :)

here's my kinda vintage.(well is older than i am)

1984 fender american standard.

VaughnC

Silver Supporting Member
Here's my old flame...a '64 Strat. Best guitar I ever owned in 40+ years in the game...but I was forced to sell her a few years ago when I unexpectedly lost my job :( and haven't since found a Strat that has her magic! Oh boy, how I miss her...:

Sam Cannon

Here's my old flame...a '64 Strat. Best guitar I ever owned in 40+ years in the game...but I was forced to sell her a few years ago when I unexpectedly lost my job :( and haven't since found a Strat that has her magic! Oh boy, how I miss her...:
Now that's a story that brings a grown man to tears:( What a beauty. I'm so sorry, hope something really good happens to you and you can buy another one.

Soothsayer

Silver Supporting Member
VaughanC, Beautiful guitar. Heartbreaker of a story. I tell you this though, imho its better to have known and experienced such a sweet axe than not.

Tomo

Sorry to hear that. Great one you had. Wow!

Tomo

Trending Topics

Top Bottom