• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Show off your medium sized amps!

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
TopHat King Royale (33w). This one was built/signed by Phil Jamison when Phil worked for Brian Gerhard shortly after the original Matchless shut its doors. Beautiful looking/sounding amp. Loaded with all premium NOS glass.

This pic is from about three years ago at band rehearsal on a large soundstage:

Here is my Dr. Z RxES 1x12. 45 watts (also shown in the "Large Amps" thread). LOUD. This was originally built for Tracii Guns (confirmed by Mike Z. himself when he tuned the amp up for me). Place a good transparent boost in front of this amp, and it can carry pretty much any gig.

Here's the RxES on the same soundstage, in an A/B amp rig with my TopHat 50w Emplexador Junior High Gain prototype (along with my one-off Danocaster):

I'm hoping we see more live/stage pics of your rigs in this thread - where these fine amps/instruments were really meant to be used!!

jnovac1

Silver Supporting Member
bartel starwood
juke 1210 (incoming)
goodsell custom 33
todd sharp joat 20rt
ftr37

not in that order (no ordering required, they are equally stellar)

DonaldDemon

I just realized I have nothing in the middle range. It's either 15-20 watts or 100+ watts! Maybe I need to rectify (pun-ted!) that. Closest is my VTM-60 but that thing feels like way more than 60 watts.

Trending Topics