• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Show/Post Your Bass Pedalboard

MattS

To my pleasant surprise, I've noticed a good amount of bass players have Loop Stations/Jammans in their pedalboard and I was curious as to how/when/where you use it; do you layer a bass line and solo over it? do you import samples from your computer/some other source to trigger it live? do you get all crazy and layer multiple basslines on top of each other? I'm interested in hearing how you use it.

I am a bass player/vocalist in a heavy sludge metal band, we're a trio, so I use my Digitech Jamman to sort of fill up space, almost like adding another member to the band but with no drama and he's always on time hahaha. I use it to trigger a keyboard part in a song, I use it to trigger a drum beat for part of a song and I layer chords on top of that and play a melody over that.
I also have a solo acoustic trip-hop project where I use it to play the drum beats I program as well as layering several guitar parts.

MattS

P.S. I'll be posting a pic of my pedalboard soon, I'm just waiting to finish building this reverb pedal I'm working on so I can include it when I take pictures of it.

newbold

I thinned my effects this past year to only the most essential and now I want a great delay and a looper (among other things) again.

I've moved pedals around again and again...

and now my chain goes:

NYC Bassballs
BOSS OC-2 Octave
Pigtronix OFO Disnortion
Pigtronix EP-1 Envelope Phaser.

OFO clean>TU-8>EP-1 sidechain trigger

Powered by a Godlyke Powerall and the EP-1's wall wart.

Custom Rockbass interconnects

Very cool lighting job, I really like the red & green ones on the underside.

Someone asked a question about LoopStations. I lay a basic foundation bass line and then loop it and solo over it when I'm practicing. If you're a singer and you have a loop station that has a mic input you can create some cool voice loops (whispers etc) and play them back at certain times when you're on stage. I've also brought a cheap mic to gigs and plugged it into the mic input, pointed the mic towards the band and recorded the last measure of one of our songs then looped it through some processing inbetween set changes. freaks the audience out. :D

Jerryr

Sweet and simple. I'm so old, if I had more pedals I'd forget what they're for anyway :)

----> BBE Opto Stomp compressor ----> Ibanez Phat Hed ----> Boss Volume Pedal ----> Radial Eng. proDI ----> Amp and PA
The tuner is connected to the volume pedals tuner output so it is not in the signal chain. I turn down with the volume pedal for tuning.

Last edited:

Jerryr

IMHO, That soundblox stuff looks pretty amazing. This is the first time I've seen this brand and it looks like good stuff for a reasonable price...... based on YouTube clips.

Here's mine after I added a powered 5v USB hub for some lighting (I run the 5v down a Pedalsnake, together with a 9v feed for the powered pedals)

I've just bought a Line 6 G30 wireless, so rearranged the furniture on the weekend to fit it and a new custom pedal from Cave ....

ccouch7

Nice board!
I have a couple questions. How are your pedals attached? What kind of lights are those and where do you get some of them?
Bicycle chain parts (spacers and links) anodized aluminum concave washers and #4-40 flat head bolts.

The goose neck light is a MightyBrite l.e.d. music stand light, I got it at GC.
The colored lights under the tier are l.e.d. lights that are used for computer modding ect.. I think they are called Lazer LED's, I got them from MicroCenter.

Here's a pic from under the tier (while it was removed) showing what the lights look like.

Last edited:

TheMutt

Here's what I am currently using:

The silver pedal with the Japanese exclamation is a Malekko B:Assmaster that I had rehoused by Dan at This1sMyne.

Trending Topics