Show us your Gilmour Inspired Pedalboard 2022!

100JH

20211220_115305.jpg

MoetJeBoom

Here is what I go on tour with. It’s not too bad! :D

QwWLSVY.jpg

Up until pre-pandemic times we did about 60 shows a year on the road so it’s had a bit of a workout. The MXR Delay System breaks all the time but everything else works great :D
Insanely cool! Asks for a rig rundown vid with sound!!! Do you have some links to the youtubes so we can hear u?!

100JH

Open to any feedback, ideas or constructive criticism on mine, 3rd eye recommendations etc. ;)

Last edited:

BGRT2020

Gold Supporting Member
One day I'm going to suck it up and make a rig rundown vid! I really should.

You can hear it (or, at least, 3/4 of it) in this lockdown clip we did:

Bravo, good sir! That might be the best improv rendition I've heard of the Pigs Outro Solo. Exquisite tone and playing!

And yes, you should definitely do that Rig Rundown haha.

Cheers!

rjaneshek

QwWLSVY.jpg

Up until pre-pandemic times we did about 60 shows a year on the road so it’s had a bit of a workout. The MXR Delay System breaks all the time but everything else works great :D
What, no RA-200??

Dashface

What, no RA-200??

The RA-200 is in storage because the band hates hauling it around on tour. To be fair it also doesn't really fit on the stage (you run out of space real fast with all those amps and drums and keyboards going from one side to the other).

Yes, I do actually have one :D

...I use the Dawner Prince PULSE for the always-on modulation on stage (it's actually attached to a custom MIDI blender that is controlled by my second expression pedal, allowing me to mix it into Amp #2's channel any time during the show).

Bravo, good sir! That might be the best improv rendition I've heard of the Pigs Outro Solo. Exquisite tone and playing!

And yes, you should definitely do that Rig Rundown haha.

Cheers!

Thanks I really I appreciate that! I wanted to go for the vibe of the live 70s version. It was a one-take wonder, so I definitely off the cuff but I think I got in the ballpark!

For the lead tone I'd have to check the system... But I think I was using one of the compressors (probably the CS-2), the Skreddy Pig Mine (I usually use this for Animals leads), my Howard Davis modded Electric Mistress for colour, and the 2290 for some delay. That particular Strat is my "Animals" Strat, used when we play Pigs or Sheep - it is a black Strat like usual, but with a rosewood neck, a Dimarzio FS-1 in the bridge (in black), and an un-shortened trem arm... For correctness reasons. No audience member has ever noticed the difference, of course :D

Last edited:

johann

QwWLSVY.jpg

WWOOWW!!!

rjaneshek

The RA-200 is in storage because the band hates hauling it around on tour.

Yes, I do actually have one :D

I have one too! Seriously, it's like moving a refrigerator. Don't blame your band for putting the kibosh on that. I nearly killed myself when I first got mine moving it up a short flight of stairs into my house by myself and that's not hyperbole.

It sounds freaking awesome though. Nothing like standing next to it plugged in. I have two Leslie 145s and a Leslie 18, but nothing, no chorus, no flanger, no other rotary is as watery and smooth as the Yamaha.

Thanks for sharing!

Dashface

I have one too! Seriously, it's like moving a refrigerator. Don't blame your band for putting the kibosh on that. I nearly killed myself when I first got mine moving it up a short flight of stairs into my house by myself and that's not hyperbole.

It sounds freaking awesome though. Nothing like standing next to it plugged in. I have two Leslie 145s and a Leslie 18, but nothing, no chorus, no flanger, no other rotary is as watery and smooth as the Yamaha.

Thanks for sharing!

Well, we are the few and the proud, it seems! Not a lot of these things are still kicking. And yes - I have moved smaller fridges.

We usually play good sized theatres - and most of those have loading docks, etc. But the last time we played with the RA200 we were playing a theatre that had a short flight of steps up on to the stage, and that was it. Between the RA200 and the two Ampeg SVT rigs we bring on tour, something had to give ha ha.

I agree nothing sounds like it. It's a delightful, delicious sound that cannot be matched by anything else.

Mine is actually the one that features in the example photos on Bjorn's Gilmourish page :D

100JH

But I think I was using one of the compressors (probably the CS-2), the Skreddy Pig Mine (I usually use this for Animals leads), my Howard Davis modded Electric Mistress for colour, and the 2290 for some delay.

Have you tried the Effectrode PC2A? Greatly prefer that over the modded CS2. Also love my HD modded DEM. I found the Skreddy GMP BC239 large box was fantastic and I have been through a ton of Skreddy Muffs aS well as EHX and SUF

Trending Topics

Top Bottom