Show us your low cost pedals/pedalboards!

DanHorse

Me and SurfGreenTele have been chatting about our gear, we both have fairly modest price range pedals that do us well, not much in the way of pricey gear due to money restraints but stuff we are happy with.

We think that a thread for those of us with modest boards would be cool, so that we can enjoy/discuss/encourage while we wait for more money! It can be slightly daunting to post in the main pedalboards thread full of amazing boutique gear!

So, if we have a basic rule that the boards must have a majority of non-pricey pedals we can have some fun, put up pics and give tips on good cheap gear!

Here is my board of humbleness to kick off

Its taken a while to get this far! I am aiming for a dist pedal this weekend. The MXR Dynacomp is a pretty good boost for the two OD pedals.

Korg Pitchblack tuner
MXR Dynacomp
Ibanez TS808
Nobels ODR-1
Boss DD3 digital delay
TC Hall Of Fame reverb

Last edited:

SurfGreenTele

Well it doesn't look like low cost is a term TGPers are familiar with.:eek:

Not too much cash spent here...love the old Arions. The SFL-1 is one of the most unique flangers and does very similar leslie tones to teh SCH-1 for about 1/4-1/2 the price. The SAD-1 is just an amazing analog delay.:love:

:munch

tonejunky

My 'board' is definately in the brainstorming stage. I will likely sell 3 or 4 of these. Anyway.. here's my current collection. :aok

cubistguitar

Lots of guys are thrifty around here too, but some are not.

I think the price is less material than the results, i just picked up an Arion SFL-1 ($65) myself and have really enjoyed this one. I also sprang for a Danelectro DC-1 Chorus ($40) recently and really can't believe how great that sounds and how much headroom is available. The Tc Electronic pedals are great, very big bang for buck, I love my Hall of Fame.

That said, I am spoiled with some of my mildy expensive and downright expensive gear i have bought as well. The price is not the point however, good show with these boards.

DanHorse

Well it doesn't look like low cost is a term TGPers are familiar with.:eek:

Not too much cash spent here...love the old Arions. The SFL-1 is one of the most unique flangers and does very similar leslie tones to teh SCH-1 for about 1/4-1/2 the price. The SAD-1 is just an amazing analog delay.:love:

:munch
Now you got me lookin' at Arions buddy!

JRBain

I think of my board as being 'low cost'. Everything on it has been accumulated over time, from 2006 to 2010 (which is when I bought the last item on that board - The T-Rex Fuel Tank Jr.). The Fuel Tank Jr. was bought with money given to me to purchase the Christmas gift of my choice. The Small Stone was a birthday gift. The Wizard Wah was bought with gift money from my 18th birthday. The EB volume I saved up for when I delivered newspapers as a teenager. The SD-1 is an SD-1 and Pedalmods UK charge very reasonable prices for their mods. The DD-3, BF-2 and DT-10 I scored for superbly cheap prices; under £40 for all of them if I remember correctly. (the DD-3 was a particularly good deal, being the Japanese big chip version :))

DanHorse

swla, nice array there, how are you liking the DOD Phaser and Little Big Muff? I cant bond with my Big Muff.

DanHorse

I think of my board as being 'low cost'. Everything on it has been accumulated over time, from 2006 to 2010 (which is when I bought the last item on that board - The T-Rex Fuel Tank Jr.). The Small Stone was a birthday gift. The Wizard Wah was bought with gift money from my 18th birthday. The EB volume I saved up for when I delivered newspapers as a teenager. The SD-1 is an SD-1 and Pedalmods UK charge very reasonable prices for their mods. The DD-3, BF-2 and DT-10 I scored for superbly cheap prices; under £40 for all of them if I remember correctly. (the DD-3 was a particularly good deal, being the Japanese big chip version :))

Nice man, I would love a shot at some of these boards. What mods did the SD-1 get ?

DanHorse

Like the EQ boosting the mids after the drives! something i keep meaning to put in place. Whats the red pedal?
You gave me an idea with the rubber matting, i have some of that in yellow, gona try it.

JRBain

Nice man, I would love a shot at some of these boards. What mods did the SD-1 get ?
Cheers man! It's the standard mod by Pedalmods UK (pedalmods.com), with 3 gain voicings. It sounds fantastic, and I really liked it before. I'm thinking about picking up a Boss Blues Driver to send them now! :aok

Trending Topics