Show us your MASSIVE pedalboards!

Flash6969

I'm looking at building a massive pedalboard & want to see how people have tackled the 'real estate' problem. So, if you got 'em, flaunt 'em = lets see some massive pedalboards!

voxylady

Serious question. What would happen to your signal if you turned all those pedals on at the same time?

Fulldrive-1

I'm looking at building a massive pedalboard & want to see how people have tackled the 'real estate' problem. So, if you got 'em, flaunt 'em = lets see some massive pedalboards!

Good heavens. That thing's bigger than half the counties in Texas!

GuitarToma

Silver Supporting Member

I remember this - wasn't it a fundraiser for something? World's Largest Pedal Board, raising awareness for something or other.

Anyway - I don't know if this qualifies as massive, but I did manage to cram 19 pedals onto a SKB PS-45 Board once. It was ridiculous.

Nobby Nobskin

I built an insane pedalboard once (I'll dig out a picture later). The main upsides were that it was a very enjoyable project and its cool having so many things to play with in front of you.
The downsides were:
1. Weight - this thing was about 50kg
2. Bulk - as it was so long, I could barely get two hand around it to lift it from its side handle. I had wheels on one corner like a suitcase so could pull it along but need a second person for stairs etc. Getting into a car boot involved levering in using the bumper!
3. Expense - I had a custom case with built in angled board with upper shelf made to my spec but that cost a good £300 I think. Then you have the cables, power supplies, ways to mount them to the board etc assuming you have the pedals already.
4. This may not be a negative as I turned it into a masocistic pleasure but you get ridiculed like a mother****er! Every gig I turned up to got immediate piss taking by sound engineers/other bands etc. But i enjoyed that - you just have to join in taking the piss out of yourself for being an OCD twat with too much money on show - you ain't gonna make any hipster thrift store friends!!!

Trending Topics