Show us your Matchless!!

gwade

1993 Clubman 35 with matching 2x10 cab. Only one I've seen in this color scheme. One of the finest sounding amps I've ever heard.

GW

BDUNN

Silver Supporting Member
This amp started as life as a 97 dc-30. I have since put in a new cab. It has 2 10s in it. One tone tubby and one weber blue pup. It is my favorite amp I have ever owned.:D

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member
Here is my custom Matchless. This is the prototype for the King Cobra. The cab below is a Bob Burt vertical 2x12.

My main amp for the last two years and the best amp I have ever played.

markom89

I love Matchless amps, so please keep the pictures coming! :D
Hopefully I'll be able to maybe get a nice used one this year. Thinking DC-30, Chieftain or John Jorgeson (if I can find one)...

ScioBro

small cab Lightning

w/ homemade cover

Need some new pic.s
This Lightning is now in a shower curtain tolex head cab. sitting on top of a nice brown tolex Avatar 2x12 cab.

Also have a large cab. 1x12 Lighting in black tolex.
Like to try a Clubman, King Cobra, JJ, or a SC-30
Sold a Chieftain 2x10
Need to sell my Hotbox

I love Matchless amps, so please keep the pictures coming! :D
Hopefully I'll be able to maybe get a nice used one this year. Thinking DC-30, Chieftain or John Jorgeson (if I can find one)...
I'm with you on that one. I'm looking at a Clubman or a Lightning.

gwade

Yeah, it's the same amp that Had used to own. I think I traded him a Super Lead 100 for a Marshall combo which I then traded with a '68 Pro Reverb for the Matchless? Something like that.

gwade

I can't say I love Pink (Salmon?) but I can't argue with the tone and I guess it's somewhat unique. I think it may have been a NAMM show special order or display model.

duster77

gwade...If that's hadden's old amp.. then that's my old clubman rig...Your explanation needs explaining.. You traded "him" a SL100 for Marshall...Who's him? hadden or store? Then the next trade...same question... I'm just curious to follow the path of on of my most revered and missed amps..And the timeline isnt making sense..
thanks..
btw...If that is the same one...I can also attest that it is a killer!! 2nd best clubman 35 I've ever heard.. the only reason I got rid of it was it kept farting out for no reason at gigs...Then when I'd take it in for repair...The tech couldnt find anything qrond with it..it fired up everytime....After having the amp tech tell me I was crazy 4-5 times...I reluctantly(because I had gigs...needed a working amp)traded it for a vibroking..
Glad I own the best clubman on earth now...And good to know you own the other one...
peace
the duster

gwade

It was on consignment at Rockin' Robin. Bart was thick into Marshall heads, Had wanted the SL 100 and had a combo so we swapped. Bart took the combo in trade. Somewhere in there a small box Silver Jubilee head and '68 Pro Reverb ended up in Bart's hands so the net is SL100, Silver Jubilee, PR, and probably some cash for the Matchless. WOW....That now seems like an impulsive purchase!!!

gwade

We should change the thread title to "six degrees of separation"!!! BTW duster, I'm familiar with the farty deal. It's not the best pedal amp in the world, my 67' BFDR is a much better pedal amp, but the Matchless, guitar, 2 cords, and my Toneman Rangemaster pedal is hard to beat!!! I've thought about spending the $300+ to send it back to Matchless to give it the old 15 year checkup.

gwade

V-Verb - sweet amp!! I thought I was the only player with toddler toys taking over the gear space!!!

Trending Topics