Show us your one-of-a-kind guitars

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by SPROING!, May 4, 2016.

1. SPROING!

SPROING! Member

Who has something truly unique? Not rare but a one and only.

2. axe4me

axe4me Member

Canadian prototype Kramer Stagemaster I

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Supporting Member

100 year old barn pine wood, Railhammer H90Gnarly pups.
    [​IMG]

4. SPROING!

SPROING! Member

Good stuff! More!

5. deathrider817

deathrider817 Member

I haven't seen any other Kramers with the Made in Canada ID on it..maybe Lasido? I have a few Kramers so I am a big time fan!

6. archey

archey Supporting Member

7. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

I built all these
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Lumpy Trousers

Lumpy Trousers Member

I think this counts. It's a Waterslide:

[​IMG]

9. Tidewater Custom Shop

Tidewater Custom Shop Performance Enhancing Guitarworks Supporting Member

Maybe not unique, but certainly one-of-a-kind. This one I kept for myself:

The coolest thing about it is the '76 Gibson Firebird pickup up front (and the fleur-de-lis inlay at the 12th, okay and the cat's eye sound hole).

[​IMG]

candid_x, scott944, KeLynne and 11 others like this.
  10. John Backlund

John Backlund Member

I have three, one-off, prototype guitars. They are currently the only examples of their kind that exist.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  11. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

It's a safe bet that no one else has a Bowery Pine with a flipped embossed Gibson bucker in the neck and this particular custom wood pickguard.

[​IMG]
    Of course you could make the argument that it's still a Tele. True - perhaps a unique modification of the form, but not a unique form in itself.

So I guess the closest thing I have is an Artinger Blondie Jr., which is the size of an ES-339 but has a German Silver Spruce top, large mild wide flame hollowed plank Honduras Mahogany body, Honduras Mahogany neck - 25 inch scale, Ebony fingerboard & knobs, Koa purfling on the body, neck and head stock, Madagascar rosewood tailpiece, and for the coolest touch, the pickguard, pick up mount, bridge, and headstock faceplate all are made with Ebony that has wide white sapwood streaking embedded in the wood. Neck carve is medium-thin, Seymour Duncan Jazz pick up was replaced with a 1963 Firebird pickup that Matt Artinger mounted in a black phenolic case for the neck, with a vintage capacitor added for improved tone and wide range tone control. It has a mahogany center block that runs from the neck to the bridge. This increases the "open" resonance as opposed to running the block through the entire top i.e. a 335. The hybrid hollow body design results in a very unique defined but warm tone. Here she is:

[​IMG]

And here's an instrumental with the Blondie Jr.

12. Digidog

Digidog Member

I'm pretty confident that there is no other guitar like this around: Lefty CS336 in Caramel Burst, with maple fretboard, P90's in humbucker format and a six way switch.

[​IMG]

I'd be very surprised to see another one...

candid_x, scott944, whuppo and 5 others like this.
  13. bdonnelly

bdonnelly Supporting Member

Have my custom one-off "Leo" tele from Perri Ink guitars. Alder body, clear nitro finish, Seymour duncans, wilky trem, ss frets, FU-tone pickup mounts, and personal reminder to always be 'bold as love' on back of headstock...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

scr@tchy, T Dizz, Torren61 and 3 others like this.
  14. Sirloin

Sirloin Supporting Member

My dad and I built it, so only one of them
    [​IMG]

scott944, scr@tchy, Torren61 and 5 others like this.
  15. axe4me

axe4me Member

Before Kramer, Neptune, NJ closed it's doors, they were contracting ESP and Lasido to make their guitars.
    My Canadian prototype was probably made by Lasido.
    A lot of Kramer bodies and hardware was outsourced and then inspected/assembled in Neptune, NJ.
    Just because the head stock said Kramer, it didn't mean it was made by Kramer.
    I had a Kramer Strat body that was a prototype where there was another route for a dummy single coil p/u that would cancel the hum of the other single coils.
    This never made the retail market.
    I think it was made by ESP.

16. Stefenator

Stefenator Member

I just got this yesterday (and posted an NGD thread for it)...

I am doing a special show this Friday and the theme is Jimi Hendrix. Janie Hendrix (his kid sister) will be there, there will be a documentary being shown and Lifetime Achievement Award!

This is my newest guitar and I will be playing it at the show on Friday!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here are the specs:

The neck:
    lightly roasted, quartersawn, flame maple, round lam, 22 fret, '69 reverse headstock, ebony fretboard, black pearl inlays, Schaller locking tuners (all low profile, so no need for a string tree), Graphtech nut, medium jumbo frets, headstock matches body (vinyl wrap on the front with black edging), neck is C shape ~ .91" (slightly thicker than Fender production Strats, but slightly thinner than a Nocaster "baseball bat" profile), (I think that's everything)

The body:

vinyl wrapped alder (paisley front AND back), black edges, Fender Fourth Generation Noiseless pickups (N4s), Harley knobs and matching chrome switch tip, Fender Locking bridge, Schaller strap locks, ALMOST standard wiring (positions 1,2,4,5 are normal, but position 3 is wired to be the neck/bridge instead of the middle pickup by itself), matching chrome "football" input jack, D'Addario 10s, laser etched neck plate, bridge pickup pitched forward (like a lefty), offset neck pocket relief to allow better access to the neck as you get closer to the body.

I can't wait to gig this thing on Friday!

17. Gitarman

Gitarman Member

The guitar is a just Carvin Bolt+ kit, but my kids did the paint job:

[​IMG]

cutaway, xStonr, scott944 and 19 others like this.
  18. Tidewater Custom Shop

Tidewater Custom Shop Performance Enhancing Guitarworks Supporting Member

Nice guitars Jahn - particularly the Blondie Jr.! I'm really into old pickups and the '63 sounds large and present in your clip. Nice playing BTW.

Jahn likes this.
  19. James

James Member

Not mine, but one I've admired.

One-off, circa 1980's Jerry Jones "Vanelectro", built for Nashville songwriter/producer Rafe Van Hoy. Built just before Jerry Jones started making the whole line of better-built Danelectro reproductions.

[​IMG]

Pretty cool, innit?

Mr. Kite, HTSMetal, whuppo and 11 others like this.
  20. G Man

G Man Member

My Tim Tucker/Front Porch Luthierie built 335 Relic, laminated birch/maple/birch back and sides with a basswood center block and african mahogany neck. This is a great example of a 335 with the tweaks making it truly unique. I also think it may be one of the only, if not the only semi-hollow Tim has built.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And next up is my recent custom ordered Gadow Custom Hollow in korina with maple top, korina neck, ebony board, P90s 2 vol/1 tone, 1 3/4" nut. Coming in under 7 pounds, this is all I hoped for and then some.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a few others, but these two are worth the mention.

cutaway, scott944, scr@tchy and 9 others like this.