• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Show us your Pedaltrain Mini Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

venivici

Here is the most recent incarnation of my mini. The tuner, delays, EP Booster and Timmy are always on my board and I switch in and out other OD's as I feel like it.

5184331699_eedf2bdc22_z.jpg

MiniRig01.jpg

MiniRig02.jpg

So, the new mini rig (next to my huge rack rig) is almost almost done.

NPD with the BOSS FZ-2, which is super weird. It has some hints of ring mod / octave up going on, however, the boost on it is amazing. Clean boost, but with a 2-band EQ. Sounds great. Happy to have the DMM and MXR Script Dyna Comp modded and back.
Getting an Echo Park in tomorrow and placing it on the DMM, just because I want a tap tempo delay and then this little rig is done. The Loop-Master 1-Loop is for adding a tape delay or such to the rig.

This is the final update of the mini rig, next to the rack rig I have:
MiniRig-01.jpg

MiniRig-02.jpg

Amp:
- '81 Fender Silverface Champ

Signal Chain:
- Korg Pitchblack
- 70ies MXR Script Logo Dyna Comp (modded: true bypass, white LED, PSU input)
- Analog Man Ibanez TS-808 Tube Screamer (Silver Mod)
- Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret V1 [18V]
- BOSS FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz
- 80ies EHX Deluxe Memory Man (modded: true bypass)
- Line 6 Echo Park
- Loop-Master 1-Loop : (tape delay (Roland RE-501 Chorus Echo is pictured) / etc.)

Various:
- Burkey Flatliner SIX (power supply)
- Pedaltrain Mini (board)

I'm loving this. It has all the basis covered and thanks to the RE-501, I have reverb and chorus as well, next to the great delays.

codetocontra

This is the final update of the mini rig, next to the rack rig I have:
MiniRig-01.jpg

MiniRig-02.jpg

Amp:
- '81 Fender Silverface Champ

Signal Chain:
- Korg Pitchblack
- 70ies MXR Script Logo Dyna Comp (modded: true bypass, white LED, PSU input)
- Analog Man Ibanez TS-808 Tube Screamer (Silver Mod)
- Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret V1 [18V]
- BOSS FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz
- 80ies EHX Deluxe Memory Man (modded: true bypass)
- Line 6 Echo Park
- Loop-Master 1-Loop : (tape delay (Roland RE-501 Chorus Echo is pictured) / etc.)

Various:
- Burkey Flatliner SIX (power supply)
- Pedaltrain Mini (board)

I'm loving this. It has all the basis covered and thanks to the RE-501, I have reverb and chorus as well, next to the great delays.

That is a real nice setup. Why did you choose the Echo Park? Not saying its bad, just curious given so many options out there and I love your taste in gear.

I wonder if you could put the Flatliner on its side and stack your Loopmaster sideways on top of it.

I wish the Mini was 4" longer too.

That is a real nice setup. Why did you choose the Echo Park? Not saying its bad, just curious given so many options out there and I love your taste in gear.

I wonder if you could put the Flatliner on its side and stack your Loopmaster sideways on top of it.

Thanks! And why the Echo Park? Well, I, personally, think it's still the best bang for the back regarding delays in a small stompbox format. It has internal tap tempo, which saves some room and the analog and tape delay modes are actually really nice. The algorithms are completely different from the DL-4 and M9/M13 series. The tape delay mode even has random warble (actually quite random) and the longer it repeats, the grimier it gets. It actually ads saturation to the repeats. It's one of the most faithful tube tape delay sounds I've found in a stompbox, next to the DMM and the Strymon El Capistan.

Regarding the Flatliner: that might work, but I'm okay with it like this. If I flip it, the height of the PT Mini in its total would be raised and putting a pedal on there would probably make it too unstable. Good tip though!

62Tele

Silver Supporting Member

So why not just stepping up to a Jr. and having adequate room for pedals? I get the allure of a super efficient mini, but live it's hard to tap dance with that much precision - for me at least.

codetocontra

So why not just stepping up to a Jr. and having adequate room for pedals? I get the allure of a super efficient mini, but live it's hard to tap dance with that much precision - for me at least.

Like Wundergussy said, one row is nice.

I find it hard to tap dance with multiple rows live, in the dark, wearing shoes, maybe with a few drinks in me. Inevitably I will turn other effects on or off, or accidently bump a knob.

Im pretty happy right now with just a Mini. A Jr is not out of the question completely, for future use. But if I were going to upgrade again I would probably skip the Jr. and get a PT-2.

Last edited:

62Tele

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, I get the single row thing. I'm experimenting with two Nanos right now - pretty cool and holds 8 MXR sized boxes as opposed to 6. Might be the way to get more versatility out of a few pedals, setting up a gain board and a modulation board. Jury is still out. I prefer as few pieces as possible and having a little room to step on things.

g_aust

ptmini_swamp.jpg

Not much have changed since the last thread. Found a Swamp Thang and really like it so far :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom