• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Show us your Pedaltrain NANO (part 2)

neozecat

Thanks for that, Dan ...nice to know the "Adam" fits. Do you (or anyone) know if the VL ISO-5 fits underneath the Nano? The VL stuff seems to come in cheaper and more often used than the Cioks is the only reason I ask. Anyone else know what pwr supp fits under the nano? TIA! :)

Edward

847E01AA-455A-40DC-85D4-246AEC341D63.jpg

Dan C

Thanks for that, Dan ...nice to know the "Adam" fits. Do you (or anyone) know if the VL ISO-5 fits underneath the Nano? The VL stuff seems to come in cheaper and more often used than the Cioks is the only reason I ask. Anyone else know what pwr supp fits under the nano? TIA! :)

Edward
No problem Edward,

Unfortunately I have no experience with the Voodoo Lab ISO-5, I think if you don't mind raising the feet on the Nano the ISO-5 might fit... Don't quote me on that though.

Best of luck with you power supply hunt!

fezz

Edward

Hi Edward,

I tried fitting the ISO-5 underneath my Nano but as Dan C said you need to raise the rubber feet on the Nano, its really quite a thick unit. I don't have any pictures to show though.

edward

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for that, gents, particularly that pic, neoze!

Man that Adam fits perfectly! Maybe I'll go compare the external dimensions between the two ...its gotta be posted somewhere! Big thanks guys!
:aok

Edward

edward

Silver Supporting Member
The other side :

0A367FFD-E708-4CDF-9CA4-E51C98DAE4DA.jpg

Just thought I'd chime in after having compared chassis sizes of the ISO5 and Adam: the size of the VL unit is fine, but its format won't allow you to use it in the space the Nano offers since the everything plugs into the "long" end of the unit, as opposed to the Adam where the "short" end is where the business is. Again, thanks for posting pics ...clearly worth more than my nearly 1000 words :)

Edward

arem

I finally got tired of kicking my pedals around the stage and bought a Nano. Everything is running off 9V batteries, these pedals are all low draw and it isn;t a problem to unplug the patches when I'm done. I'm considering a Volto because I want to stick a delay on here also, but I don't NEED to so it may just stay like this…

Rogan1990

What's the Muddy Tones' Dank? A boost?

Get a Carbon Copy on there, it would fit, and for about $100 it covers most basic delay sounds nicely

arem

The Dank is a modded version of a DAM Meathead that a friend built for me. I have an El Cap that I could probably squeeze on there, but I'd have to start messing with a power supply and cords and all that. It's a trade off between extra noises (which is pretty much all I use delay for) and a simple setup. First world probs for sure.

superdave2001

Gold Supporting Member
Been a while since I posted my Nano pics. Have changed this is around significantly (no longer running the Tres Zooms on it -find my pics of that from last summer). And just posted my full board in the Show Us #49 thread. So my Nano now covers 75-85% of what the big board can do. Perfect grab-and-go/fly rig.

41d551353e10184363738db086262fa4.jpg

f8c86017a107fbcfbd8a62e933661961.jpg

nitefly7

Been a while since I posted my Nano pics. Have changed this is around significantly (no longer running the Tres Zooms on it -find my pics of that from last summer). And just posted my full board in the Show Us #49 thread. So my Nano now covers 75-85% of what the big board can do. Perfect grab-and-go/fly rig.

What's that power supply/power bank thingy?
Can it be let charging whilst playing?

superdave2001

Gold Supporting Member
Its a RAVpower external power supply that's normally used for mobile/tablets etc. Not all of them have 9v outs, but this one does and that's what I use to power the board. Has a stupid amount of power storage - I can run the Nano for a good 10+ hours before needing a charge. And yeah, you can use it while its charging (which is what I do at home). It also has its normal USB port too, so its convenient for charging your phone in an emergency at a gig. Highly recommend it.

Goldwing

Nice board!

I assume that you stack the 2 overdrives, am I correct? IF so, how it sounds? I just can't find any demo on youtube of a Mesa Flux Drive stacked...

superdave2001

Gold Supporting Member
Nice board!

I assume that you stack the 2 overdrives, am I correct? IF so, how it sounds? I just can't find any demo on youtube of a Mesa Flux Drive stacked...

Thanks!

Currently I'm not stacking them. I've got the ERD set for it's own thing, as well as the Flux. You can get the Flux to do a decent Zen Drive/Simble/DMBL-ish when tweaked right and that's how I'm using it...low-moderate gain. The ERD does sound good stacked into it when set right though. Less mid-bump than normal TS. Ironically the Zoom has 2 Mesa pedal models - the Grid (Slammer) and Throttle (Box)...the Flux rounds it out ;)

boyatheart

Changed my AMT-Wah to the new Dunlop Cry Baby Mini. That's all. Very happy.

Oh yeah... very nice!

I tried a Hotone Soul Press (mini wah & volume), but it was dead in the store, so not confident about that one. I like my AMT, but I feel a mini crybaby would satisfy me more.

How does it compare to the AMT? I find the AMT sounds good, but the sweep is not quite smooth enough.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom