Show Your #1 Amp Rig Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregory49

Eric the '65 looks brand new. I played a 65 reissue finally and found it lacking how do they compare with the originals? (assuming you've played one). I love my '70 super reverb.

eric-d

Eric the '65 looks brand new. I played a 65 reissue finally and found it lacking how do they compare with the originals? (assuming you've played one). I love my '70 super reverb.
You know Fender - it's hit or miss.... I did play a '65 Relic in Shoreline Gold and it was KILLER! I should have bought it when I had the chance.... Stupid me.

LocustXReign

LocustX,
Thanks, you picked out the piece I've had the longest (1995). It's a 210/212 and is the most versatile cab I've played thru. Sounds best with a clean tone. I also use it for bass on home recordings.
I thought it looked different then a 4x10! Man that's killer! I want one for my badcat haha!

Using these amps in different combinations pending the venue;
- [2] two Marshall JCM800 100 wt Lead combos
-Fender Blues DeVille, 4x10"
-Fender Blues Jr [ my favorite]

Coming soon- the Reinhardt 18. I love that amp, as soon as i get home that'll be me.

Last edited:

gregory49

You know Fender - it's hit or miss.... I did play a '65 Relic in Shoreline Gold and it was KILLER! I should have bought it when I had the chance.... Stupid me.
I was actually talkin' bout the super reverb. I have a 62' heavy relic that's the best strat i've ever played. How do you find the consistancy with their amps?

eric-d

I was actually talkin' bout the super reverb. I have a 62' heavy relic that's the best strat i've ever played. How do you find the consistancy with their amps?
OHHHHHH - well - when I got it last year it was pretty good sounding - a little dark and broke up nicely but the reverb didn't work that well and the tremolo was iffy at best. The grill might be original but it's turned 90 degrees so - whatever. Some one did a re-cap job on it to all orange drops. The reverb and tremolo "worked" on both channels. The date codes on the chassis are from '65 and the CTS's are from '67. I had a guy here in Houston (Marcus, aka TGP-Member "Frostbite-Slim") fix it up for me. He brought it alll back to original condition and recap most of the insides to the "Blue" Sprague caps and what not and he even had a NOS tremolo "roach" to put in there. It's a great sounding amp!!! I still want to order one of those "Rodger's" Baffleboards made of ply with the "Smokey Bar/Lounge" look to it.

Here's a pre and post gut shot from when I had the caps done.

Vintage Glass

To fully answer your question - this one was a no-brainer for me - I a/b'd it against 3 SRRI's they had in the store and this was far and away the best sounding... As I feel with all of Fender's RI amps - they lack the "throatiness" and low end and are very sterile sounding compared to the originals.... This one was $1100 out the door!

WesKuhnley

Please share all about this amp- model, make, speaker, sound,general price range, 'sounds like' etc
Since this is the prototype of an amp I will be producing commercially in the coming months, I don't want to spam the board with all the details etc. I didn't think a picture would be too offensive though. You will be seeing more of this amp in the next couple months, that's for sure.

cocobolo

There's some serious sonic mayhem in this thread. I'm glad I'm not the only one annoying the neighbors. Kind of emboldening. Anyways here's my rig after much gear swapping and gear lust induced by this forum. BTW how do you guys get the pictures larger when you post them?

Last edited:

Mickey Shane

apolitical
Gold Supporting Member
I know, I change my rig almost daily. I guess I'm still in the feeling up stage.

It's the Merc Bassman today.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics