1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Show your 80's Fender Japanese Strats

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by jamison162, Feb 15, 2008.

1. jamison162

jamison162 Member

No, I don't own one, but in opinion, these are some of the finest strats ever made. Let's see the lot of them.

2. mikenixon316

mikenixon316 Member

This my E series 84-87 MIJ Squier Strat. It's got an aftermarket Allparts 12" neck now, although in retrospect that was a pretty foolish addition as the original neck is awesome. I'll probably put it back on at some point.
    People go on about changing the pickups in these things but I think the stock ones are pretty good.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. ScottB

ScottB Gold Supporting Member

Low JV serial number (first few months of production) domestic Japanese body with a later Japanese neck.

Dings, wear and burns in all of the right places. Two original pups with a Van Zandt in the bridge. I don't think the pick guard and some of the hardware are original either.

This is my favorite Strat. I picked it up for $400 in the used Ishibashi shop in Ochanomizu a couple of years ago. I picked this over a very nice condition 1980 Tokai ST-80 (which I regret not buying), but I absolutely do not regret grabbing this one over it and would do it again in a heartbeat. The best bang for the buck guitar I've ever bought.

[​IMG]

4. NICE47

NICE47 Member

awsome guits, my teacher has a classic black with white PG and it just plays lovely

5. MikeMcK

MikeMcK Member

My Christmas present to me. It's a lot of fun, but Fiesta Red (at least on this) is a bit more pink than the photo:

[​IMG]

6. michael30

michael30 Gold Supporting Member

This is a 1990 K-series strat. It has a US vintage tremolo, an Allparts cream pickguard, Texas Specials and upgraded electronics. Very lightweight and resonant guitar.

[​IMG]

7. Badger71

Badger71 Member

1988-89 MIJ Schaller Floyd Strat:
    [​IMG]