Show your first guitar!!

smorgdonkey

1965-1967ish Yamaha FG-165S
YamahaFG-165S.jpg

photoguy

Mine's long gone...acoustic acquired in 1965 as a Christmas present and traded 7 years later for Paul McCartney's Ram album:jo

It was a beast to play...action that would probably be better suited to slide (if I'd only known what that was) and proved to be more frustrating than enjoyable (hence the trade).

3 Years after the trade I picked up a 1975 Harmony Sovereign which I still have and 3 years after that a LP Deluxe (which I still have also).

so...here's my *second* guitar,missing the second pick guard which is now on it.

HarmonySovereign001.jpg

Lawn Jockey

Gone since 1980....here's my 1971 Telecaster, blonde, with a '69 Gibson Soapbar in the neck, 3 black speed knobs, the rest was stock. It killed...should have never sold it.

l_e6fe0dfad13910192120ea5eae96c9ac.jpg

cvansickle

Gold Supporting Member
From Sears, naturally!

1st.jpg

First real amp too (if you can call it that) - a Stage 210 tranny.

Of everything showing in this picture, the thing I wish I still had the most was the Farrah Fawcett poster!

The Pup

No Complexity Without Value
I saved my money and bought a '64 Gretsch Tennessean for $264.00...I still have the receipt and the guitar!

EC++

IMG_0650sm-1.jpg

It was my first real electric guitar. I owned a late '50s Guild f-hole with a Dearmond pickup a few years prior.

orodgers

Don't laugh, I was 18 when this was taken. My first guitar was my 1964 Epiphone FT85 12-String. My mom bought it new during her hippie days (she wanted to be Joan Biaz). For the most part I played it as a six string. I can remember when I got my first six string how wonderful the neck felt when compared to this guitar. Man did I learn to stretch my fingers.

EpiOnCouch.jpg

CrazyYoshi73

My first baby is a 1989 Fender Squire strat that I had members of Pantera autograph back in the day. She is now retired.
DSC00997.jpg

Trending Topics

Top Bottom