• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Show your Guitar! If you have a guitar, post a picture. Any Guitar. Any Color.

doctorx

I almost forgot.... I have a Harley Benton too!

I replaced the bridge with a Wilkinson because the original had sharp edges and wouldn't go low enough for me. Vintage Taper pots and a switchcraft jack. Shimmed and waxed the pickup too. Just for the heluvit I put those little pointy things under the knobs. Harley Benton guitars are very well made.

HB SCJR TRDIMG_E0091 SMALL.JPG

Last edited:

Dave Locher

These are the ones I have uploaded to the TGP Gallery.
Those are all lovely but that black Rick is IT! I knew a kid in high school who bought one new just like that (1983 or '84). I never even got to touch it but he brought it to one band practice and it sounded fantastic.

eigentone

Gold Supporting Member
Those are all lovely but that black Rick is IT! I knew a kid in high school who bought one new just like that (1983 or '84). I never even got to touch it but he brought it to one band practice and it sounded fantastic.
Thanks! Yeah, I came close to buying Rics a few times along the way but when I finally did get into them I kicked myself for putting it off for over 20 years. Now I have 2 6 strings and 2 basses. I replaced the High Gains with Toasters on that one. It sounds so good. The 381 gets even more play. To be fair, it is newer. ;)

Lonnie00

My only guitar at the moment and it may be getting sold tonight. Not sure if I'll replace it or not.

BadgerDave

Platinum Supporting Member
Sweet guitars, and beautiful. I still miss my L5-S sometimes after 40 years. Amazing necks on those.

I too couldn't get the low impedance pickups to rock and had it converted to humbuckers around '76. Tommy Doyle custom wound the pickups for it - my first-ever set of bespoke pickups.

Played like a dream, but mine was super heavy.
Thanks. the photos are of the same guitar - before and after a major repair/restoration and modification. I was lucky to find a light one with irreversible modifications. No guilt about converting it to what I wanted.

Trending Topics