Show your Huber !

nichd

Supporting Member
Bling is an understatement I think... wow!

@FlameTop do you tend to see more Hubers in the UK? Just curious... I have one and a buddy has a krautster, however most I run into have no idea.

FlameTop

@FlameTop do you tend to see more Hubers in the UK? Just curious... I have one and a buddy has a krautster, however most I run into have no idea.
Well, there are only a couple of dealers for Huber in the UK. I think perhaps the main problem is that supply can be quite sporadic. It's not like you can walk into a shop and see a wall of Orcas. So I think it tends to be via word of mouth.

nichd

Supporting Member
Well, there are only a couple of dealers for Huber in the UK. I think perhaps the main problem is that supply can be quite sporadic. It's not like you can walk into a shop and see a wall of Orcas. So I think it tends to be via word of mouth.
Makes sense... I think I am over-thinking it lol.

Very cool guitar... for some reason it reminds me of 'The Les Paul' run they did in the mid-70's to showcase the Gibson craftsmanship.

Whitecat

There are three dealers in the UK now but (for the moment) we have access to the entire European market as well so loads more dealers on the continent if you are willing to distance-buy. I got one of mine from the Netherlands.

As FlameTop says, supply is sporadic, and the coolest ones tend to sell super fast.

WA Paul

Here’s mine, a NAMM model from 2016, bought on cyber Monday last year. Lightweight Spanish Cedar body, weighs under 8lbs! Killer guitar, love the Haussel pickups.

Full ‘59 thickness on the body.

From NH Instagram during the build process.

I loved this one so much, I put in for a custom build with Gary at Artistic Guitars.

WA Paul

My custom Orca ‘59 Build. Spanish Cedar body, quilt top, full Braz RW neck and board, 24.75” scale length with Mann trem. I play PRS most of the time (hence the Mann trem), but wanted to try these specs on an Orca. Should be ready early next year. I went with the hotter Haussel 59 pickup versus the standard Haussel 59 pickup on my other Orca.

Neck was tone tapped by Nik to work best with my specs.

Color -might be like this, though I asked for some color samples from my top - I might want more of a tropical blue color. Their Atlantic Blue sometimes looks too dark for my tastes.

Matching quilt HS, MOP trapezoid inlays, RW pickup rings, tuners, knobs and backplate. Curly maple binding on neck and HS. Total weight 8lbs or less.

chillytc

My Krautster II has been my #1 since I swapped out the humbucker for something a bit lower output (Suhr Thornbucker+). Played a jam last night with my Friedman DS40 and a few pedals (wah, klone, fuzz, treble booster, delay and reverb) and finally hit that sweet spot of using all three pickup sounds (P90 neck, coil split bridge and HB bridge) and was a little blown away by the versatility. I felt like that one guitar sounded like 5 guitars between the pickups, volume knob and tone knob. I just wanted to weigh in that, after the honeymoon has passed, I find myself liking this guitar more and more. Well done, Nik Huber.