Show your Huber !

cosmic_ape

Supporting Member
What an awesome New Gear Day! My Krautster II and RevivalDrive Custom both arrived today. :banana

I get what you all were raving about now - I’ve never picked up a guitar and immediately had it feel this...magical. It’s crazy. It feels broken in, the body and neck seem to melt into me.

I feel like I can do anything on this guitar. The neck is the regular profile and is easily the best I’ve ever felt in shape, size and finish. I’ve had a bunch of top shelf new and vintage guitars. This one is on a whole new level, though. It’s a masterpiece.

Excuse the messy picture. The ol’ music room is being reorganized and pedal order currently being tested. :D

Duuuuuude that’s awesome!!!

nichd

Supporting Member
Love the seafoam bad cat as well!!! I had a bad cat combo and I miss it. Called them up once about my unleash and they were awesome. Ok... back to Hubers ;-)

your name here

Supporting Member
Love the seafoam bad cat as well!!! I had a bad cat combo and I miss it. Called them up once about my unleash and they were awesome. Ok... back to Hubers ;-)
Thanks! I just got the Bad Cat, but I’m liking it a lot so far. I had to wait quite a while too, due to the Teal Tolex being backordered among other things - 2-4 mo. estimate turned into 11ish months - but the Bad Cat gang couldn’t have been better to deal with. I’d recommend them highly. Plus, my Krautster II loves this amp! :D

Jeff Gehring

Silver Supporting Member
Some years back, I got enraptured with a Huber on the Wilcutt site, and I was hoping some pix of it would surface here. It was either an Orca or a Dolphin, redwood top, but it had the full snakewood package: fingerboard, tuner buttons, etc. That thing was a stunner!

cosmic_ape

Supporting Member
Some years back, I got enraptured with a Huber on the Wilcutt site, and I was hoping some pix of it would surface here. It was either an Orca or a Dolphin, redwood top, but it had the full snakewood package: fingerboard, tuner buttons, etc. That thing was a stunner!
Duuuuuudeeee, Willcutt has the most beautiful Hubers! They had this amazing redwood Rietbergen with a Tiger Eye (I think) finish and some fancy appointments. I fell in love with that guitar.

I seriously thought my next Huber would be a Rietbergen. One day!

@cosmic_ape - that is a super cool looking Krautster. What is that body wood?
It's a one piece Black Limba body. When Nik showed me pictures of it being made, I knew I had to have it. I am a sucker for natural and burst finishes!

Whitecat

Truly appreciate your sentiments...but lefties getting the best ones...unfortunately as a lefty I have to call that fake news :)

I do agree that Krautster is gorgeous and where would we be without Jerry!!!
Yeah, it was an attempt at a bit of humour... ;)

Seriously though, that particular one is probably automatically in my top 3 Krautsters I've ever seen, if not top 1 just on looks alone.

cosmic_ape

Supporting Member
Yeah, it was an attempt at a bit of humour... ;)

Seriously though, that particular one is probably automatically in my top 3 Krautsters I've ever seen, if not top 1 just on looks alone.
I got the humor. But you should know, us lefties are a little bit of the second class citizens of the guitar world. It doesn't surprise me when some of us don't "get" the humor.

I obviously agree that the guitar is beautiful. I don't think I have ever seen a Krautster that I wanted more than this one. Being a "repeat offender", I know I can buy a Nik Huber guitar without trying it first. Once I saw the pictures, I knew I was in trouble. I had to put a custom build in the back burner to purchase this guitar. I will also be done buying any and all gear for the remainder of the year. After all, I am a working musician and I am not made of money!

I think I made the right choice.

nichd

Supporting Member
Need to see a Krauster Race pop up here... one of my fave guitar paint jobs of all time. Painted blue/orange like the old Gulf GT40.

Trending Topics