Show your most features in smallest possible space -racks

Tisca

My 2 cents: You can fit a SYN-2, Boss SE-70, 2 Suhr Minimix V1s and a Pedal Power AC (powers SE70 and the Mini Mixes) into a 2U shallow rack.
Mine has yet to be wired, but it's possible :)
And with a deep rack you get the same amount in the back :D

Anje

Silver Supporting Member
Hi Ian, yes the rack is used mainly in a "stereo" dual amp + wet rig, but usually not with those 2 heads; that photo was taken when I was comparing the JJ Jr to the Run 20 in that rig. Other main amp is an old Marshall 2204/4010 off-picture.

Reactions: Ian

rustolium

Don't have a pic of it alone currently, but I would say a Kemper Powered Rack with the Kone. That is 3 spaces covering a lot of ground and theoretically has all the amps showing in this pic profiled.

Next thought if you are talking just shear effect power it is without a doubt the H9000. 2 Rack spaces full of a lot of features.

jb4674

Dude, you realize you have over $40K worth of equipment in that picture alone? :D

Don't have a pic of it alone currently, but I would say a Kemper Powered Rack with the Kone. That is 3 spaces covering a lot of ground and theoretically has all the amps showing in this pic profiled.

Next thought if you are talking just shear effect power it is without a doubt the H9000. 2 Rack spaces full of a lot of features.

ctreitzell

DigiTech GSP2101 with 2x Tech21 PE60

The guitar, tho, is pretty important. Gibson ES355 makes this box sound waaaaaaaaay better than anything else I have.

And, actually, I think it's possible to run W/D/W with just the one box...I'd have to check that, tho

Dexter.Sinister

Still breathing
Platinum Supporting Member
My 2 cents: You can fit a SYN-2, Boss SE-70, 2 Suhr Minimix V1s and a Pedal Power AC (powers SE70 and the Mini Mixes) into a 2U shallow rack.
Mine has yet to be wired, but it's possible :)
The Boss SE-70 needs 1.5 A but the max current from the VL PP AC is 1.2 A. That matters.

Anje

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, and that original big external power supply of the SE70 is a major pain! Wish they would have made it internal so that you don't have to deal with that heavy noisy external transformer when wiring rigs.

teofilrocks

Silver Supporting Member
I guess I won't be able to compete in this space unless I get an Axe FX III or something. I've done my best with the amps I have, but it still takes up 24 spaces. Thought about shrinking down with preamps into one power amp. But I still like amps, and took me a while to get to this point. Especially finding that Racktifier.

DigiTech GSP2101 with 2x Tech21 PE60

The guitar, tho, is pretty important. Gibson ES355 makes this box sound waaaaaaaaay better than anything else I have.

And, actually, I think it's possible to run W/D/W with just the one box...I'd have to check that, tho
Ever compared your GSP2101 vs 1101, and if so, comments? :cool:
I recall Dave Mustaine and many others being big on the 1101 when it came out. :munch

I guess I won't be able to compete in this space unless I get an Axe FX III or something. I've done my best with the amps I have, but it still takes up 24 spaces. Thought about shrinking down with preamps into one power amp. But I still like amps, and took me a while to get to this point. Especially finding that Racktifier.

Nice rack. :cool:

ctreitzell

Ever compared your GSP2101 vs 1101, and if so, comments? :cool:
I recall Dave Mustaine and many others being big on the 1101 when it came out. :munch
I do not have now nor have I ever tried an 1101. 1U is half the size, so 1101 is even smaller :p
AxeIII is 3U, but really small in comparison cuz 2 guitarists and a bass player could gig simultaneously with such a device! My pal, @bbe_rev has an AxeIII and some Friedman FRFR cabs and it sounds better than 2101...as do many things :)

I originally purchased my 2101 to downsize to accommodate easier travel and load in/out. Nowadays I don't care about size and weight as it's all studio/ home use for me.

Not Orange

Silver Supporting Member

Zoinks! :thud

Trending Topics