Show Your Pedalboard: 2018 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, since it’s here to stay. haha

Here are my boards, the Novo 18 is my main board and the Metro 16 is my studio/stereo effects I rarely bring out.

I have a Goodwood Audio Input V2 under the Novo 18 serving as my in and out connections, as well as the buffered split feeding the trigger input of the Tremvelope so the effect can really react to my playing.

Signal chain is:
Main Board - Novo 18
>Goodwood Audio Input Buffer> >Trigger
>Xotic XW-1 Wah>
>Way Huge Havalina>
>Way Huge Saffron Squeeze MkII>
>D'Addario Chromatic Tuner>
>MXR Phase 95>
>Way Huge Green Rhino MkIV>
>Way Huge Red Llama MkII>
>Way Huge Pork Loin>
>Pigtronix Quantum>
>Classic Audio Effects Volume Roller Passive>
>Pigtronix Class A Boost>
> Tap>MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe>
> Tap>Way Huge Supa-Puss>
Analog Endeavors Dual Tap> >
>Goodwood Audio Input Passive>

-(Fender Vibrato/Reverb Footswitch)-
>Fender ‘68 Custom Vibrolux Reverb
Sennheiser e906>

>Allen & Heath Zed-12 FX
Mixer Effects Loop>

Stereo Board - Metro 16

>MXR Micro Flanger>
> Trigger>Pigtronix Tremvelope>L (>R)
L>MXR Phase 99>L >R
L> R>Pigtronix Rototron>L >R
Slight reorganizing and taking out the stereo effects to further simplify and focus more on playing, less on sounds. Evenly spaced for easy footswitch access and speed changes on phaser and flanger as necessary. Tuner mutes the board. Goodwood Audio Input underneath to serve as buffered input jack and passive output jack so no plugs on pedals get removed.

Here’s the family shot.

Signal chain, if you’re interested:

Main Board - Novo 18
>Goodwood Audio Input Buffer> >Trigger
>D'Addario Chromatic Tuner>
>Xotic XW-1 Wah>
>Way Huge Havalina>
>Way Huge Saffron Squeeze MkII>
>MXR Micro Flanger>
>MXR Phase 95>
>Way Huge Green Rhino MkIV>
>Way Huge Red Llama MkII>
>Way Huge Pork Loin>
> Tap>Way Huge Supa-Puss>
>Pigtronix Quantum>
>Pigtronix Class A Boost>
>Goodwood Audio Input Passive>

Studio Board - Metro 16
> Tap>MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe>
Analog Endeavors Dual Tap> >
> Trigger>Pigtronix Tremvelope>

Ben C.

Made a couple changes since early Jan - all set now I think for a long while :)
Swapped the Wet for a Fathom... damn that Fathom sounds freaking fantastic. Swapped out the Riot for a BE-OD - may be somewhat mood dependent, so could swap back and forth. For now the BE-OD is just tickling my fancy in all the right ways.

bxlxaxkxe

Silver Supporting Member
Made a couple changes since early Jan - all set now I think for a long while :)
Swapped the Wet for a Fathom... damn that Fathom sounds freaking fantastic. Swapped out the Riot for a BE-OD - may be somewhat mood dependent, so could swap back and forth. For now the BE-OD is just tickling my fancy in all the right ways.

Nice dude! How do the wet and fathom compare?

eyobeez

Got the Behringer and the DD6 in late December after selling a pedal, so this is what the board looked like on New Year's Day. I'm using the DD6 on hold mode for stutters, glitches, and Freeze-like stuff.

This board is complete but for an isolated power supply, which I'll probably purchase sometime next month, and an Ohnoho feedback looper I have that needs a couple connections re-soldered. I'm excited to try THAT thing out with a couple of my new acquisitions when I get some time this week!

Ben C.

Nice dude! How do the wet and fathom compare?
The Wet I'm comparing to is a V2, mono version.
In comparison, the Fathom can do a great 'standard' reverb sound but is also capable of more smeary, washy sounds... not just because it has a Lo-Fi mode, but because you can control the dampening and pre-delay very simply. I suppose in comparison you could say the Wet is more present and bright with a lot of definition, whereas the Fathom can be more laid back and warm sounding - something you can play over without the effected signal competing as much. It's almost not a fair comparison because of the extra controls and the 'sustain' button as well, but comparing them sonically, those are the main differences I hear.

Edit: made a quick video clip with the iPhone, loop with Ditto, reverb on almost everything with different settings. Thank goodness I'm home with a stomach bug? My Wet couldn't get this sort of warm washy thing happening, although maybe that's my ineptitude!
Video is just hosted on my webspace, so here it is if you're interested:

Last edited:

((TechnicolorSkyline))

Silver Supporting Member
I’m simply in love with this board! Especially with this RAT-Centura combo, very tasty and I guess it sounds great. Does it? :)
And to be honest, I’m looking for a pair to my Hudson Broadcast, which I love with this slightly dirty sound all over it, not to mention the high gain side, but I really want something to push my Strat a bit without any extra coloration going on. And a couple of weeks ago, I was thinking about a RAT-Centura duo!
Well, I’m going to see if my (newly bought, coming my way) JHS modified Boss TR-2 will do the trick with boosting ;)
All the best!
Thanks!

The Rat/Centura is such a great combo and can cover a lot of ground together.

I’ve always wanted to try a Broadcast, isn’t it a germanium drive? Anything out there that it’s comparable too, or is it kinda it's own thing?

tomasz_el

Thanks!

The Rat/Centura is such a great combo and can cover a lot of ground together.

I’ve always wanted to try a Broadcast, isn’t it a germanium drive? Anything out there that it’s comparable too, or is it kinda it's own thing?
Yes, it's a germanium drive. As far as I'm concerned some people were comapring it to JHS colour box, as it's a preamp which can cover a lot of ground, clean boost, OD, Fuzz. And You can power Broadcast with 9V or 24V power supply, which is another great feature. Really some great sounds with it.

Echo-Plex

I just reconfigured my dirt board. The spot in the bottom row on the left is a guest fuzz slot that holds some sort of stunt fuzz.

The H9 on the dirt board is used for things like ring mod, sample / hold filter, etc. and not verbs and delays, which are handled by rack processors, and are almost shown in this picture:
Dude, please tell me where you got those knobs. Awesome guitar!

cbm

Gold Supporting Member
Dude, please tell me where you got those knobs. Awesome guitar!
JAT knobs, who sells on eBay. He makes just about every color you could want, in a few different styles. I got the switch cap there as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Topics