Show Your Pedalboard: 2019 Edition

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by shredus, Dec 30, 2018.

1. glumlord

glumlord Member

[​IMG]

Small board “final v2.1”

This was supposed to be the “don’t think, just play” board that I slapped together just for rehearsal. But i’m loving it so much that I just can’t leave well enough alone. I wanted something a little gnarlier than the Karma Suture and just happened to get this Octane III so that’s gonna try out for that spot. Plus i’m Not really bonding with the Night Wire, so that will likely get swapped out for something, maybe a phaser or some super atmospheric reverb(will have spring reverb and bias-vary trem covered from the amp). Suggestions?

Drak, RYAN1987M, Squatch57 and 5 others like this.
  2. Kluch

Kluch Member

What about the saucy box? You like it?

moore_for_less and Primus DuPont like this.
  3. ((TechnicolorSkyline))

((TechnicolorSkyline)) Supporting Member

I love it! It’s one of those “never gonna sell” pedals, and it pains me a bit not to have it on the board. It’s one of those drives that truly let’s whatever amp and guitar you are playing shine through. It’ll likely end up back on the board eventually.

4. SteveHiwatt

SteveHiwatt Member

Thanks mate, I’ve been playing in the band for about 5 years now, it’s great fun.

Not sure if we will ever make it out to the US though!

We’re called Definitely Could Be Oasis, check us out if you want: www.facebook.com/definitelycb

Wolfboy1 likes this.
  5. Gaheba

Gaheba Member

I found the Nightwire to be a bit of a weird pedal - tries to cover too much ground without really shining on anything. Did not bond with it all. If you're looking for another tremolo, have a look at the Dazatronyx Optical Tremolo. Has a switch which I think chooses between two different waveforms, not sure if thats what its actually doing tho. The difference is kinda of subtle. But its a sweet sound trem, very atmospheric when you add delay. If you're looking for more phaser sounds, maybe MXR phase 45 script reissue. I love that pedal. Battery only unless you run an adapter cable out of it which is what I've done.
    For something a bit out there, I'm just now looking a Mike Hermans demo of the Keeley BubbleTron. I dont usually get into this style of pedal, but this sounds sort of cool.

glumlord likes this.
  6. Kennyscrown

Kennyscrown Member

Hmmm. Warwick Rockboards - not on my radar screen at all.

Using those modules for input/outputs and USB/Midi looks really useful for my rig.

*commences extensive research into Rockboards*

7. Naigewron

Naigewron Member

Kennyscrown likes this.
  8. satchie

satchie Member

My pedal board for my Marshall Origin 20C.

[​IMG]

My pedal board to play with headphone or recording.

[​IMG]

Together :)

[​IMG]

9. slide13

slide13 Supporting Member

Been tweaking my pedal board for a while now, trying to keep it smallish while giving me everything I wanted. Had trouble finding the right MIAB sound, tried a few options but none nailed the sound in my head until I got the JHS AT+ this past weekend.

Really happy with each and every pedal on the board right now and, except for the Joal (Mood) which is a unique pedal, each one has beaten out multiple similar pedals to end up on the board.

[​IMG]

Rob Evans, Stephans, Drak and 6 others like this.
  10. js15

js15 Member

I'm happy with them and also have a mini board (Dual 2.1). The board is really sturdy, and the modules are convenient for a clean setup. I don't use midi and just run into the front of my amp. So I got the basic module and set it up with input, output, and a loop in and out between my drive pedals and my Nemesis/Ventris. In the picture, it's patched together, but I sometimes use it to plug in other pedals or my mini-board.

11. glumlord

glumlord Member

those were my exact thoughts with the Night Wire too, Not Harmonic Trem enough and not Phasery enough to do either that well. I've heard it used in really cool ways by others but I think my style just doesn't mesh well with it. I was kinda hoping that it could be a versatile pedal just to give me something a little different. To be honest, the part that drew me to it was the envelope controlled rate. I wonder if there's another trem that does the envelope thing but with a more standard wave form and filter.

thanks for the recommendation on the Phase 45. That phaser specifically has always had my attention but haven't tried it yet. my other thought was a univibe style pedal and I've heard that the Phase 45 can get pretty close to vibe sounds-would you say that's accurate?
    I'll also check out that BubbleTron, Mike Hermans has a way of making everything sound pretty useful and amazing!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  12. PSQRCL

PSQRCL Member

That's so cool! How does one get a custom MOOD?

13. slide13

slide13 Supporting Member

It was actually a limited run of 10 pedals Joel had made up with the proceeds being donated to charity. I got lucky and snagged one. Same as Mood, just labeled Joal instead.

PSQRCL likes this.
  14. PSQRCL

PSQRCL Member

Oh cool!

15. Kennyscrown

Kennyscrown Member

I’m presuming the patch bay would work for stereo outs? It’s just in/out isn’t it?

I like your idea of having a loop for other pedals though, that would be useful.

16. Jazzmaster60

Jazzmaster60 Member

Those Echodrives are unbelievable. I love mine .

17. js15

js15 Member

Yes, they're just in/outs. So you could run stereo in and/or out.

18. SteveHiwatt

SteveHiwatt Member

Yeah, only recently got mine. It’s so good!

19. eliasmadias

eliasmadias Member

20. Johnny Fuzz

Johnny Fuzz Member

I went double board!

So I put together a two board solution. It’s my #2 rig, but still cool. The first one has all the drives + the chorus pedal and the other one has all the echo thingys and tremolo. Very sweet, and quite practical, too.

It’s actually really nice to have two small boards instead of one big one. You don’t have to worry about how to access different pedals etc. Plus they are actually easier to move around or carry than a big one.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019