Show Your Pedalboard: 2019 Edition

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by shredus, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Gaheba

Gaheba Member

Had my eye on the Lenny as a possible clean/solo volume boost after my other drives.
    How are using yours? do you think it would work In my scenario? (strats and a Blues Deluxe).
    im not looking to do the SRV thing.
    And a very cool board, i like that a lot.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    yoyo1983 likes this.
  2. Scott941

Scott941 Silver Supporting Member

UPDATE:
    Almost completed.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. barrym

barrym Member

4. Radar

Radar Member

5. Bryan T

Bryan T guitar owner Silver Supporting Member

How many fuzzes is too many to have on a pedalboard? I might end up with four!

Purple_Plexi and eliasmadias like this.
  6. topperdoggle

topperdoggle Member

So, seeing as I just took a photo of the second one for another thread, I thought why not post here...

(1) is my usual board, I can take it to jams (which is all I've done in most of the last few years), and to be honest it's so good I could gig with it too, it's really versatile and sounds great. If I learnt how to use the Zoom, I'm sure it would give me the confidence to gig with it as I could set presets for chorus / delay / reverb combinations. Right now, it acts as one pedal at a time, usually a delay for solos, or a reverb if the amp reverb is broken.
    (2) is supposedly more a serious gigging board, more gain options, less fiddlly. I haven't used it much yet to be honest, although it will get a workout this Friday night.

Love to get your feedback.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

valvestate, Drak, Gaheba and 6 others like this.
  7. Wolfboy1

Wolfboy1 Grandpa but...Not Yet Old! Silver Supporting Member

Board 1 seems very functional and if you learn to use the Zoom it might be quite fun from what I've read but I've never used any of those pedals myself.

Board 2 is an awesome gig board and covers about all the ground you would ever need in a bar band. I've had every pedal here except the RAT and Boss GE-7 and I still have the CR-7 chorus. At one point in my very early TGP membership I had almost every one of the Hardwire pedals except I had the Supernatural Reverb instead of the RV-7 and never got the polytuner, just the original. I spoke of them often and in high regard back then, so much so that Tom Kram, the Digitech project leader at the time, sent me one of the green phaser pedals for free. That had to be about 10 years ago when I started collecting them. Here is a thread I started in 2010 https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/npd-digitech-hardwire-chorus.783106/

I thought the best of the lot, and they were all good, was the DL-8 delay, the CM-2 Tube overdrive and the CR-7 chorus. I still have the CR-7 and a CM-2. They are the most solid pedals I've ever owned and the knobs feel expertly machined while some of the tones are equal to the best tones on the market IMHO. Sadly, I've been hit hard by GAS in this place and things keep moving along and my pedal swapping has continued unabated. The Blues driver is great with a decent amp but I never cared for the OCD. One of these days you should upgrade to a Lovepedal Purple Plexi. Other than that I'd rock that board anywhere :aok

By the way I also had all the Digitech 2nd gen pedals from Tom and company. I loved their looks but had a hard time seeing the settings on the Polara and Obscura so while they sounded great, they moved on. I still have the Freq Out, Ricochet, Drop D and Dirty Robot. They are all very unique and not going anywhere. They are on my large, mostly stay at home board that I am currently rewiring after purchasing a new (for me) custom Blackbird pedalboard.

topperdoggle likes this.
  8. Wolfboy1

My current grab and go board that I finished off by recently adding a Wampler mini-Ego compressor. I started designing a surf/rockabilly board and it turned out so great I use it almost exclusively.

[​IMG]

Very, very happy with this board but I am going to add a tap pedal for the True Spring and set it to kick on/off the trem. Will likely mount it in front of the True Spring when it gets here.

9. topperdoggle

topperdoggle Member

Thanks Wolfboy1, very encouraging to hear!

Wolfboy1 likes this.
  10. theanalogdream

theanalogdream Supporting Member

How do you like the Ennio? I've been keeping my eyes on it for a while!

Wolfboy1 likes this.
  11. LionVerse

LionVerse Supporting Member

Nice board :aok
    I really like those risers who makes them?

12. Scott941

Scott941 Silver Supporting Member

That would be FIX Pedalboards.

LionVerse likes this.
  13. Wolfboy1

Love it! Has that splat western soundtrack sound which was just what I was looking for. Being a big fan of Ennio Morricone soundtracks the pedal graphics and tone really nail spirit of his work.

:cool:

theanalogdream likes this.
  14. Chandyland

Chandyland Member

Your board and others like it are just so aesthetically pleasing to look at. Well done!

barrym likes this.
  15. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

+1 its a great pedal for that sound, maybe its not the best fuzz as all-rounder, Ive found it a bit one trick pony but it nails that sound perfectly (and looks good too)

16. Wolfboy1

Exactly :beer

17. Purple_Plexi

Purple_Plexi Member

I find two to be the happy medium, but that's just me... 4>2 :D

moore_for_less likes this.
  18. Bryan T

Bryan T guitar owner Silver Supporting Member

I'm thinking Fuzz Factory, Big Muff, Foxton (octave fuzz), and Soul-bender. A bit ridiculous, but I'm constantly swapping them on and off depending on my mood. Maybe I should just make a board dedicated to fuzzes.

Purple_Plexi and AXXA like this.
  19. Soothsayer

Soothsayer (Paul) Supporting Member

Radar likes this.
  20. mikem3133

mikem3133 Member

Well how about a pedal board of JUST Fuzzes ? Fuzzies ? Many Fuzz ? ;) I dont really use this, its just where they sit... and I have turned all four on at once.... ONCE !!!

[​IMG]