Show Your Pedalboard: 2019 Edition

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by shredus, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Echo-Plex

Echo-Plex Member

Already a great board with bags of versatility. Definitely get a smaller board though, you'd still be able to fit more pedals if you downsized to say a PT Classic 2, although this board is a perfect size to add a switcher at the bottom because you may find yourself tap dancing a lot. I'd recommend a MIDI controller for the strymons though, something like the Disaster Area DMC-3XL would be ideal. Maybe an expression pedal for the Stymons??

2. Markuskorvela

Markuskorvela Member

when i bought metro24 i think to get midi controller but i am not sure do i really need that. i mostly use only KOT and BigSky/TimeLine. i have been sell all other dirt pedals and these survived.. I think KOT is my all-time best dirt pedal. Maybe midi controller, EQ, Compressor or Volume pedal take place there.. Smaller board is on my mind also. KOT, Bigsky and Timeline and saved money new guitars.. Thanks your opinions guys. And sorry my bad grammar..

Thoughtpolice likes this.
  3. IRG

IRG Member

Haven't changed much around until lately. Added the Carbon Copy Deluxe, and then GAS got me so I added the new Collider as well. That kicked off two pedals, my Polara reverb, and my Belle Epoch. Not sure I even need the CCD, but there's still something about an analog delay that can't quite be replicated by a digital pedal. It's close for sure, but not quite.

The Collider is great. Love having the two effects in one pedal. And I love the simplicity of it - definitely made for people like me that like to tweak some, but don't want too much of it either.

[​IMG]

4. joshofsorts

joshofsorts Supporting Member

Up to you on whether you should go to a smaller board, but as another poster said, might be better to just space out the pedals a little for now to make stomping easier, and then you have plenty of room later if you get a hankerin' to add any additional pedals. My current board has the opposite problem - it is so jam packed, I can't add anything, ha.

Bill Lumberg and amdowell like this.
  5. ChaseTMP

ChaseTMP Supporting Member

What are you powering everything off of? Do you really need the ISP? My buddy has one on his board for the band I play drums in and I secretly disconnected it last Friday and put some dummy plugs in to throw him off. He didn't realize it wasn't in the chain (he has at least four more pedals than you do) and I thought his rig sounded better (more open) without the ISP.

moore_for_less likes this.
  6. Markuskorvela

Markuskorvela Member

Currently i play throught original peavey 5150 with Orange cab, and also direct my computer setup. i feel ISP reduce noises a lot with 5150 red channel.. of course i don't use it with clean sounds. Under the board is strymon ojai and it is ok but end of pedals are 1spot chain.. I know it is bad solution and i have to order Zuma as soon as possible. I play mostly metal or ambient stuff.. Prog metal like Periphery. But i like lot of different music styles so i like versatility. These things are never ending story.. But i am finally really happy my sound.. 5150/KOT and Strymons make my thing.

7. tobereleased

tobereleased Member

Having the analog pedals daisy chained from one of the outputs of the Ojai is probably fine, although I'm very happy with my Zuma, and if you got one it would allow for expansion of your board.

In terms of what I would add to that board, it's really all about utility. I would maybe want a midi controller at the front to switch the Strymon pedals without having to put feet over the other pedals. If you got a midi looper like the Boss ES5 or ES8 you'd also be able to switch your dirt with it, which would be nice.

Another option would be to get an expression pedal or 2. Having an expression pedal plugged into the Möbius would allow a whole heap of interesting control over different modulations, and it's a fun thing to have linked into delays and reverbs as well.

8. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

This is my set up with tweeds thse days. The F Stop trem and reverb are amazingly good. I have found the Mini is the best at making a tweed amp sound more cranked.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  9. LawrenceBr

LawrenceBr Member

Signal chain:

Spark>Mojo>TS>Poly>ARP87>Fathom>Boing>Looper.

I'm planning to put a Monument V2 in between the reverbs.

10. Norrin Radd 1966

Norrin Radd 1966 Member

Finally got to the point where it's likely to remain unchanged for a while:

[​IMG]

11. ((TechnicolorSkyline))

((TechnicolorSkyline)) Supporting Member

Really love this one! I have a CS-12 and Kelley Comp Pro under the board.

[​IMG]

I’ve got so many good extra pedals now that I may have to build a second board if I don’t end up selling them off

[​IMG]

12. LeftyGuitarist

LeftyGuitarist Member

I finished updating the pedalboard tonight. I removed a Blue Bird tremolo and Wampler Tumnus Deluxe and added the J Rockett Melody and Wampler Ego V2. The only other change will be to replace the Carbon Copy with the Deluxe version. I asked for it for Christmas.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 15, 2019
  13. Acrobattico

Acrobattico Member

The oem ones are a compressor, an od and a treble booster

[​IMG]

14. Gallery

Gallery Supporting Member

Are you using the DRV and Wood Cutter in the same or different ways? If those are your settings, the DRV is set for super low gain and the Wood Cutter for higher gain.

15. Gallery

Gallery Supporting Member

Dig the raw body finish on that Tele.

The Villano Dude likes this.
  16. Acrobattico

Acrobattico Member

Thanks, luthier work. I picked it like that, ten years now. Instant love

Gallery likes this.
  17. ((TechnicolorSkyline))

((TechnicolorSkyline)) Supporting Member

Yup! That’s pretty close to what I use them at actually, Woodcutter a touch lower and the DRV a bit higher at about 9 o’clock. Totally different sounding pedals. The Woodcutter can almost get into fuzz territory, which I love and why I almost crank the gain

Gallery likes this.
  18. Digitalshrub

Digitalshrub Supporting Member

Just put together an "Old and In the Way" Board today, made up of all my older pedals that are either too large, too finicky, just not quite right to be on my gigging board. At least they're not sitting on a shelf anymore!