Show Your Pedalboard: 2019 Edition

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by shredus, Dec 30, 2018.

1. captaincoconut

captaincoconut Member

That white DL4 is so cool.

2. Kluch

Kluch Member

What's the pink-ish waffle graphic pedal?

3. Frank67

Frank67 Member

Here is my latest design. This is my backup board and tragically it represents my pathetic attempt to do something "simple" (I have the world's most elaborate setups otherwise). However, I am quite pleased with it. It is versatile and it sounds very good.

the signal flow is:
    input patchbay -> Crocodile tail loop unbuffered input (buffered is bad for the Naga Viper).
    L1: Okko Coca Comp (optical compressor)
    L2: Naga Vier treble booster
    L3: Big Muff into purple Midhumper
    L4: Wah Wah
    L5: Super Phat Mod
    L6: Dirty Little Secret (18V)
    L7: MXR Phase 95
    -> to buffer-in -> buffer out -> Patchbay send (Hence, the buffer is before the first long cable)
    ->Paytchbay return -> Noise killer -> Volume pedal (modified to eliminate tone suck) ->
    L8: Mooer Elec Lady
    L9: Mooer Ensemble King (have tried many boutique Chorus pedals there and liked this the best)
    L10: Belle Epoch (18V).
    Patchbay out.
    There also is a MIDI cable that I run to patchbay out.
    The Tuner sits in the Croc tail tuner out

The Crocodile tail loop has either seven sounds per bank that are easy to program (typically, I use just one bank for simplicity: clean, crunch, rock, fuzz, blues solo, rock solo, fuzz solo) or has a direct mode where each button corresponds to one loop. I all sounds very clean with minimal signal loss. it sounds great and is relatively light. It is 70x40 cm, so within reason and it can be readily carried around.
    [​IMG]

In order to run it together with my Marshall JVM, I build a little stand for the Marshall JVM footswitch so that everything is directly at my feet. I use the Crocodile Tail Looper then mostly in "direct mode". The footswitch sits in "Out-L" and then I have made myself a multicore cable that I run into the Marshall JVM 210.
    [​IMG]

4. Louiddur

Louiddur Member

It's an OD inspired by the Hot Cake overdrice, custom made by a friend of mine!

GLinks and Kluch like this.
  5. haryb

haryb Member

Just a small one, but it has all I need. Delay and chorus in the loop, the distortion/overdrives in front. All connected to the patchbox beneath. Using GigRig power supply to power everything except the Jester, for which I use an external adapter until I figure something out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

radiocure, jawajt, Blue Bee and 13 others like this.
  6. Echo-Plex

Echo-Plex Member

Please tell me more about the underside situation!

zigwigwig and ekajnitram like this.
  7. thekeefus

thekeefus Supporting Member

Shrunk things down to a much less crowded board. Other than still trying to find a fuzz I love.....I'm really satisfied with this setup

[​IMG]

8. Frank67

Frank67 Member

Very nice board! My Maiden D Powers just fine with a Timelord adapter from the GigRig. Does the Jester need more juice?

haryb likes this.
  9. SubApathy

SubApathy Member

My current board:

Pedal order:
    Ibanez Big Mini Tuner
    MXR Dyna Comp (Underneath)
    JHS Cheese Ball
    Ibanez TS9
    Boss GP-20
    Boss AC-3
    Boss NS-2 (Underneath)
    Boss BF-2
    Joyo Molo-Trem
    Boss FS-7
    Boss DD-20
    Keeley Caverns v2
    Boss RC-30
    Boss FS-7

10. zigwigwig

zigwigwig Supporting Member

Jester needs 12V, center positive

I use a Cioks DC7

Frank67 likes this.
  11. TravisE

TravisE Supporting Member

I’ll play. I’ve had a million pedals come and go. I’m pretty happy with these. It’s not always the expensive things that do what you want. I’ve had a lot of fun finding that out.

12. haryb

haryb Member

Thanks for your interest! It's quiete ugly at the moment, I can tell you that :D If you want to know what's powering it, I use just one Distributor and an Isolator, all powered with the Generator. I use the extra outputs to power some pedals on the fly, when chose to test them.

I intend to switch to Cioks DC7 when I rebuild the board, as I want to add 2-3 more pedals and power the Jester with the same power supply. I will post some pictures when I get it done.

Echo-Plex likes this.
  13. haryb

haryb Member

The Jester needs juice, plus it's 12V center positive. Right now I am powering it with an external adapter. If I were to use the Gig Rig adapter, I think the Supa Nova adapter should be the one to be used, but you would still need to reverse polarity with a cable.

I intend to switch to the Cioks DC7 power supply, once I rebuild the board, as it should be able to power the Jester and everything that I might need.

ToneIsKing55 and Frank67 like this.
  14. JCantrell

JCantrell Member

Changed my board a bit around recently. Added a few new pedals - TU3, Crescendo, 3rd Dimension, Neo Clone & MS70. Also put a 4x4 stereo isolated (for TRS channel switching) patchbay under the pedalboard to make setting up much easier. Board is PT Novo 18 and all powered by a CS12.

Wah > TU3 > SD1 > Crescendo > MS3
    MS3 loop 1: Clone > BF2 > Darkside > 3rd Dimension
    MS3 loop 2: 4CM
    MS3 loop 3: MS70 > TimeFactor

MS3 is such a powerful piece of gear!

[​IMG]

15. amdowell

amdowell Supporting Member

With all your big, mega delay options, I still understand why the MLJr is on the board. Such a great delay. Cheers!

16. MkIIC+

MkIIC+ Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm working on my pedal order and I'm curious to your thinking about the order of these pedals. Presently I'm futzing about the order of a few similar pedals. Beano, Muffuletta, Wah and a Bonsai.

17. Primus DuPont

Primus DuPont Member

Wah->Beano->Muff->TS (but that's just like my opinion, man)

18. MkIIC+

I also typically think of the wah upfront. When I see the Sunlion they've got the Fuzz before the Boost. Obviously I can try different orders in the chain, but I always enjoy the reasons why people make their choices. Maybe knowing their rationale might help me hear things I might have missed in my own futzing around.

19. Primus DuPont

Primus DuPont Member

My thinking was being able to hit the TS with either the muff or the beano in front.

MkIIC+ likes this.
  20. MkIIC+

Do you like the Beano always on?

Primus DuPont likes this.