Show Your Pedalboard: 2020

My simple Zoom Gain pedalboard has evolved into some kind of huge monster, due to homeworking (too much time on my hands). Still missing a mini Zuul noise gate in the top right corner.

Signal path is : guitar -> CAJ Smart Buffer (always on) -> CAJ MLS-2 -> DOD FX-17 in MLS-2 loop -> Voodoo Lab PX-8 Plus input -> Zoom Power Drive (PX8 loop 1) -> Zoom Ultra Fuzz (PX8 loop 2) -> Zoom Hyper-Lead (PX8 loop 3) -> Zoom Tri-Metal (PX8 loop 4) -> Musicom Lab Parallelizer -> Parallelizer send 1 to Zoom MS-50G -> Parallelizer send 2 to Zoom MS-70CDR -> Parallelizer return -> 2203 low input.

Underneath the board, CAJ Smart Buffer, Yankee PS-M2 and Primova Sound MIDX-20 in the black bracket to control the Zoom MS-50G and MS-70CDR with midi over USB.

SubApathy

Supporting Member
Well I haven't posted here in a while, I hope everyone is doing ok. Here's my quarantine board(s). This was a complete, from the ground up rebuild as I added the ES-8(my first midi controller) and the HX Stomp. Added the second board to accommodate the EP, SP, wah, Freqout, and whammy then figured I'd just fill it out with my "leftovers" and make it a self-contained job for smaller situations. All the dirt and color pedals are run through a single One Control looper so they can be taken out of the chain when run with the big board (but who am I kidding I leave it on its fun having some of that **** early in the chain haha). I'm running HX amps exclusively now which is cool, even into the front of my JC. The ES-8 is proving to be quite a useful creative tool too with its ability to reorder and run parallel loops(really handy for running the two synths together). I also replaced my OLD D'addario big-ass plugs and thick, stiff-ass cable with some EVO plugs and cable. And their midi cables. And their junction boxes, tap, midi baby, dc converter and damn they got a lotta my money on this one lol. Anyway its a lot of fun.

Finally managed to get my hands on a new studio setup too!

My last set up for reference

marshcj

My simple Zoom Gain pedalboard has evolved into some kind of huge monster, due to homeworking (too much time on my hands). Still missing a mini Zuul noise gate in the top right corner.

Signal path is : guitar -> CAJ Smart Buffer (always on) -> CAJ MLS-2 -> DOD FX-17 in MLS-2 loop -> Voodoo Lab PX-8 Plus input -> Zoom Power Drive (PX8 loop 1) -> Zoom Ultra Fuzz (PX8 loop 2) -> Zoom Hyper-Lead (PX8 loop 3) -> Zoom Tri-Metal (PX8 loop 4) -> Musicom Lab Parallelizer -> Parallelizer send 1 to Zoom MS-50G -> Parallelizer send 2 to Zoom MS-70CDR -> Parallelizer return -> 2203 low input.

Underneath the board, CAJ Smart Buffer, Yankee PS-M2 and Primova Sound MIDX-20 in the black bracket to control the Zoom MS-50G and MS-70CDR with midi over USB.

How do you like the Voodoo Lab loop switcher?

Tubes99

This is my board, taken a month ago. Obviously all wired up now.
Underneath the top panel I have a Hudson Broadcast for more gain/boost, a Boss VB-2w, Count to 5 and Ibanez PT9 phaser. Want a Source Audio Vertigo to join the sewer crew.
Looking to make a new pedalboard, same size as this one but with a Schmidt array style top shelf that's on hinges.
Love these pedals.

How do you like the Voodoo Lab loop switcher?
Voodoo Lab PX-8 Plus is great. Here's a quick list of my own pros/cons after some monthes of use:

PROS
- totally noiseless. No hiss, no hum, absolutely no pop/click noise when switching.
- Great ergonomy IMHO. YMMV. Preset mode, loop strip mode etc. Can be combined with another small midi controller like Morning Star and receive PC/CC to activate each loop individually etc.
- Does send midi PC to control other things.
- Great form factor, rightly sized for mid-sized pedalboard, super light, easy to setup.

CONS
- a bit finicky with input voltage. If slightly above or below 9V, it starts acting funky. You better have well regulated super stable PSU.
- super light, feels a bit flimsy. The footswitches feel flimsy. I was used to my Brunetti Vector and Mesa Abacus, both weighting a ton and having strong/heavy to the touch footswitches. I was almost afraid to stomp on the PX-8 at first but it seems to hold up. We'll see in the long run.

Last edited:

Jess 1971

Supporting Member
Well I haven't posted here in a while, I hope everyone is doing ok. Here's my quarantine board(s). This was a complete, from the ground up rebuild as I added the ES-8(my first midi controller) and the HX Stomp. Added the second board to accommodate the EP, SP, wah, Freqout, and whammy then figured I'd just fill it out with my "leftovers" and make it a self-contained job for smaller situations. All the dirt and color pedals are run through a single One Control looper so they can be taken out of the chain when run with the big board (but who am I kidding I leave it on its fun having some of that **** early in the chain haha). I'm running HX amps exclusively now which is cool, even into the front of my JC. The ES-8 is proving to be quite a useful creative tool too with its ability to reorder and run parallel loops(really handy for running the two synths together). I also replaced my OLD D'addario big-ass plugs and thick, stiff-ass cable with some Disaster Area EVO plugs and cable. And their midi cables. And their junction boxes, tap, midi baby, dc converter and damn they got a lotta my money on this one lol. Anyway its a lot of fun.

Finally managed to get my hands on a new studio setup too!

My last set up for reference
You really have all the pedals.

your name here

Supporting Member
I changed things around a bit in the past few weeks, and now I have this...

I want to give a shoutout to Nathan at Northman Pedalboards. He made me a fantastic 12”x12” pedalboard and it’s perfect for me!

https://reverb.com/shop/northman-pedalboards
Nice! I really enjoyed the boost on the Tunemaster, when I had one on my small board. I wish it would’ve been independently footswitchable.

reprove

How do you like the Gamechanger Audio Plus Pedal? I haven’t seen many in the wild and it seems really interesting! Do you find yourself using it a lot?
All the time. I run the Arpanoid in the loop of it as well and it gives me some really interesting textures depending on rate, steps, and the mode it’s in. I’ve got the Wet switch for it as well but the pedalboard tetris ATM doesn’t really allow for it. If I want to get really weird I’ll insert my old M13 in the loop and get some weird synth patches going. Between the Plus, the Slo, and the Microcosm I have three spots to freeze or sustain signal for pads. I’m having a lot of fun with this board at the moment.

HoboMan

Silver Supporting Member
it’s the Mira X, it’s the best guitar I’ve ever owned! I’ve had lots of PRS guitars including CU24s and core Miras, but none of them have the vibe or feel of this one. I’ve also never seen another PRS in the olive green!
I've owned several core PRS guitars also. The only one I ever liked was my Mira X. I eventually sold it because I prefer slim necks but I would love to get another one someday.
They are amazing.

Trending Topics