• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Show Your Pedalboard: 2020

Fitzer

Silver Supporting Member
Nothing fancy, does everything well and sounds good. I haven't had a pedalboard in probably 5 years and just finished this one. The Refractor is a 1:1 Klon clone that I built myself. The wah is a vintage 1970s Thomas Organ Crybaby with true bypass and a 9v power jack that I modded myself. All cables were made by me as well.
IMG_7542.JPG IMG_7544.JPG

Z Roberts

pedalboard.jpg
Bass players have it easy :) The generic box at upper right is a home-built switch box for switching between my standard bass and my fretless; it has an adjustable volume trim on one input (on the side) for matching levels between basses. It also serves as a power distribution hub, taking power from my 2.5-Amp regulated supply (not shown) and feeding all the pedals on the board. The volume pedal on the left I use mainly as a mute switch (usually when switching basses) but it also has an optional buffered output with 3dB of gain, though I haven't ever needed to use it yet.

ctrobertson

Was able to score, for a second time, an all black Timmy to finish off my monochrome board that includes my favorite pedals. I think I’m finally done swapping pedals on the board. Yeah, I’ll still buy one here and there to play around with for fun, but I think my main setup is finally feeling solid.

The more I look at this, the more I appreciate the simplicity of it, it looks fun to use! Well done!!

dave b-4

View attachment 270000

Nobels PRE-1 -> Boss PW-2 -> Ibanez STL -> Boss FZ-2 -> DOD FX42-B

One of many iterations of my bass pedalboard. This iteration (when the FZ-2 is used) I tend to like with my Schecter J-4 and Rickenbacker 4003. While this setup does cut my low end some the result is a cool bass tone. Sometimes I swap the overdrive with one of my Tel-Ray Morley wah pedals.

If I were to play my detuned Jazz bass strung with flats I'd usually swap the FZ-2 for my black Russian Big Muff and swap out the Ibanez Super Tube for my Ibanez Metal Screamer.

I think this might be the first Power Driver that I have seen here.... I have one in the closet from the 90's...

anyone else using this? I’m not a bass player, but would be curious to see how others are (or are not) using the old PW-2...

Kev O)))

It is
Hmmmm... is this set up for dry/stereo wet? Makes sense! And if so, how does it sound?
It is and it sounds amazing! The VOX is prefect for the crunchy, dirty tones & the JC40 has a nice crispness to it that works well with anything I run through it. Instant Hüsker Du/Sugar tones.

And stereo delay and chorus is AWESOME!

Highly recommend a Tube & SS

Black_In_Mind

I think this might be the first Power Driver that I have seen here.... I have one in the closet from the 90's...

anyone else using this? I’m not a bass player, but would be curious to see how others are (or are not) using the old PW-2...
I use the PW-2 the same way on both bass and guitar. I place it before the main distortion/fuzz pedal to give it extra gain and a bottom end boost for a bigger sound. On guitar the difference is noticeable when the PW-2 is on but not on the level as when I use it on bass which is why it's more prevalent on that board.

It also contributed to my first fuzz tone on bass (without a fuzz pedal). I placed it before a Boss HM-2 and from there on I loved that pedal and made it a staple.

Last edited:

Trending Topics