Show Your Pedalboard: 2020

Slick!

Curious - why the rehoused ODR?

Recently went from a larger Pedaltrain back to the Dingbat PX w/PX-8 switcher. Off to the side is a midi controller, currently the All-Access, but I also could use the Midi-Mate or any other controller, or none at all. Pedals are: XTS GE-7, RC Booster V2, XTS rehoused ODR-1, Revival Drive Compact, King Tone Soloist, TC SubnUP, and Boss DD-500. I may replace the DD-500 with a Plethora. The loop switcher has 8 loops and I ONLY have 7 pedals hooked up.

View attachment 304558 View attachment 304559

fuchs

Man, this board is sick! How does the signal goes and what’s your wah?
Thanks man!
Signal chain:
(Pedaltrain Classic 2)
RMC10 Wah, Kingtone Mini Fuzz GE, Kingtone Octaland Mini, Kingtone Vibe 1968, Pedal Pawn Texan Twang, Kingtone Duellist, RYRA The Klone, Neo instrumenst Micro Vent 16, MXR Carbon Copy, Fender Treverb, Korg Pitchblack.
Power Supply Truetone CS12, EBS patchcables.
Guitar: 2001 Fender AVRI ‘62 Stratocaster.
Ampr: Fender ‘59 Bassman LTD.

D32315AB-D9FE-4C69-A108-0556B42B02EE.jpeg
New mono board. This goes straight into HX Stomp but I might put it in the fx loop and place it between amp and cab.
I almost always run stereo because I play with headphones and can’t stand mono. I thought it would be fun to make a mini mono board and put a subtle stereo reverb at the end of the signal chain on my HX Stomp.

Mongoosiest

@Mongoosiest that looks incredible! What’s the pedal under the Monterey that has the watercolors/psychedelic graphic?
Thanks! That's one of the original runs of the Rockbox Boiling Point. They still make it, but without all the psychedelic paint.

I think that it's largely forgotten now (what a difference 10 years makes!) but I honestly think it's one of the best drive pedals out there. It's hung in there with everything and anything I've ever played.

Coopdeville

Thanks! That's one of the original runs of the Rockbox Boiling Point. They still make it, but without all the psychedelic paint.

I think that it's largely forgotten now (what a difference 10 years makes!) but I honestly think it's one of the best drive pedals out there. It's hung in there with everything and anything I've ever played.
Definitely gonna check that out, always interested to discover new (old) pedals!

RwP42

Platinum Supporting Member
My first time posting a board! I'm really enjoying this setup, so I think I'll stick with it or a while.
View attachment 304820
@Mongoosiest amazing board -- I won't ask if you've tried any Chase Bliss pedals. :) Two questions:
1. Are the RDHRC and Brothers set to how you use them, and do you ever use them together (stacked)?
2. Do you use the HX Effects to control the CB pedals via MIDI, or do you mainly stick with single settings on them?

nkt275

IMG_20201028_161407.jpg

Pedaltrain JR Classic
Voodoo Labs Mondo
TheGigRig Quartermaster QMX6

Loop 1: Greer Amps Tomahawk
Loop 2: TC Electronics Polytune2 Mini
Loop 3: Origin Effects Cali76 + Analogman Mini Chorus
Loop 4: ThorpyFX Fallout Cloud
Loop 5: Wampler Tumnus
Loop 6: Strymon Volante + Mooer Trelicopter

Guitars: Fender Jaguar / Gibson ES-137 Custom
Amp: Supro Statesman
Music: Mostly Americana / country / rock

Acrobattico

F7200C49-8476-4115-9C34-19D56A11F522.jpeg

Flint and Deep blue delay always on. Thanks Matt Schofield for the hint.

Screwdriver first since its Fuzz face core doesn’t get along with Decibelics Golden horse’s buffer. I can’t think about other dirt box with the ability to deliver so many great tones. It’s a treasure.

Decibelics Golden horse means always a dilema here: clean boost, light od base tone or release the beast?

Caline Pure sky it’s such a joy every time I step on it. It’s just incredible how good it is.

RC booster is the gentleman of all pedals.

DD8 it’s a workhorse delay, ok it does shimmer (hello 2020, we don’t need it anymore) but just for tape, warm and analog it’s more than justified to have one, but it does more.

Polytune 2 at the end or how to kill a sound ball and make a dramatic ending.

Last edited:

Mongoosiest

@Mongoosiest amazing board -- I won't ask if you've tried any Chase Bliss pedals. :) Two questions:
1. Are the RDHRC and Brothers set to how you use them, and do you ever use them together (stacked)?
2. Do you use the HX Effects to control the CB pedals via MIDI, or do you mainly stick with single settings on them?
Hey (deep breath),

1) They are set to how I was using them that week, but (you may be surprised to hear!) I will tweak them a bit... The RD only really changes depending on the amp - essentially is it bright or dark - and so I'll play with which EQ to use and where the lows/presence are. I also find the blend knob key to getting the sound I want - letting the "clean" signal through can sound so good. This depends on what'srunning before it, which is the Brothers! This I mess around with a fair amount as there's so much ground to cover. I find myself changing this based on the guitar I'm using, but I have loved running the boost on side B into the RD with around a 50/50 blend on the RD. Or, if I want a chewier sound, then side A is the one to use. I've found new love for the Drive on side A but honestly there's so much in that pedal, what with blending and stacking within itself, let alone with the RD. I've found that it takes some work with Brothers, but it is really worth it. TLDR yeah, it's very easy to stack with the RD as you can change almost every aspect of the sound to get what you want.

2) This! This is the next thing on my list. I have a midi box ready to go, but I am completely new to midi. I would love to get the Enzo, Warped Vinyl, MOOD and something else (not sure yet, maybe the Gen Loss) set up to be controlled with midi via the HX FX. It's just all very scary and complicated to me, but I'll get there! If anyone has any good guides to point me at...

RwP42

Platinum Supporting Member
Hey (deep breath),
1) They are set to how I was using them that week, but (you may be surprised to hear!) I will tweak them a bit... The RD only really changes depending on the amp - essentially is it bright or dark - and so I'll play with which EQ to use and where the lows/presence are. I also find the blend knob key to getting the sound I want - letting the "clean" signal through can sound so good. This depends on what'srunning before it, which is the Brothers! This I mess around with a fair amount as there's so much ground to cover. I find myself changing this based on the guitar I'm using, but I have loved running the boost on side B into the RD with around a 50/50 blend on the RD. Or, if I want a chewier sound, then side A is the one to use. I've found new love for the Drive on side A but honestly there's so much in that pedal, what with blending and stacking within itself, let alone with the RD. I've found that it takes some work with Brothers, but it is really worth it. TLDR yeah, it's very easy to stack with the RD as you can change almost every aspect of the sound to get what you want.
2) This! This is the next thing on my list. I have a midi box ready to go, but I am completely new to midi. I would love to get the Enzo, Warped Vinyl, MOOD and something else (not sure yet, maybe the Gen Loss) set up to be controlled with midi via the HX FX. It's just all very scary and complicated to me, but I'll get there! If anyone has any good guides to point me at...
Thanks for the detailed response! I absolutely agree with your point about the blend knob on the RDHRC. I have been eyeing the Brothers for a long time... currently using a Mjolnir for my lower core gain (and I have a Sun Face for fuzz).
I was wondering if using the HXFX to control MIDI was in the future. :) I haven't done anything with MIDI for guitar, but have done a lot with keyboards over the years. I think I'll be more interested in it if gigs open up again.
What amp(s) are you primarily playing through?

Trending Topics