Show Your Pedalboard: 2020

guitarnet70

Update: added the DD200 for some '80es track we are recording. The Mooer ABY is supposed to switch between amp and a CAB M that I've ordered. A Ditto + is also on order.
Busy as well building a wood structure to use the Metro 20 as a raiser behind the Novo.
I'll post again when done.

Gaheba

I've been updating/changing my pedalboards. I was up to five boards, now down to four.
Four years ago I had one board and 13 pedals and it had been that way for ten years.

This was my board back in early 90's, except back then the delay was DD-3. The Dan Echo replaced it around 1999 I think. Also, the 80's rat here died middle 90's and was replaced with a
1999 Rat 2. About six years ago, I was having real issues with the board, noise, sound dropouts, pedal reliability etc. Time to update. So began a journey into the world of pedals I had no idea existed I was so behind the times.

The board itself is homemade, some thirty years ago now I think. MDF (its a bit on the heavy side) 20" x 9.5". Replace the original velcro a couple of years ago. I still love this board even after acquiring 2 PT's, a Tone Trunk 45 and an OnStage.

Roughly 80 pedals later over the last six years and many pedalboards later I finally arrived at this:

I had the old rat repaired a couple of years ago and then ran it in a loop, it worked great for awhile. I replaced the TS808 with the newly acquired Ryra Clone.

A few days ago, the old Rat carked it again. I doubt I will bother repairing it again.
So now I have this:

Soothsayer is running in low gain mode, I've set it so its a useable sound standalone, but it sounds great when goosed by the BluesBreaker. I love this board. Its home for me.
Six years, 80+ pedals and dunno how many pedalboard builds later and I'm back where I started! More or less.

Still really love my other boards and pedals, but this is my core sound.

Last edited:

Dirty Tony

Who makes that Tremelo pedal?
Cusack... best tremolo EVER, its the little version of their main one but has everything I always desired in a tremolo.
I was impressed as soon as I tried it, some features that makes it unique (Im a huge chopping tremolo user):
-)it works in front of a crunching Marshall even at sine wave setting, so you get a fantastic sound, it goes on-off but in a soft way, the metallic "cut" its not there
-)the square sound is top, its not trebley nor metallic sounding
-)the square+ramp setting is a huge plus, it allows for faster chopping without losing what you are playing too much

Its the missing pedal between the uber-square choppers and warm&lush vintage tremolo sounds... can do both, top in the first case, great in the second (just use the blend knob)

Its instant One Of These Days, How Soon Is Now etc ...perfect!
Sorry for the long post but I love this thing...

"get to the choppa"

Hitchens

Cusack... best tremolo EVER, its the little version of their main one but has everything I always desired in a tremolo.
I was impressed as soon as I tried it, some features that makes it unique (Im a huge chopping tremolo user):
-)it works in front of a crunching Marshall even at sine wave setting, so you get a fantastic sound, it goes on-off but in a soft way, the metallic "cut" its not there
-)the square sound is top, its not trebley nor metallic sounding
-)the square+ramp setting is a huge plus, it allows for faster chopping without losing what you are playing too much

Its the missing pedal between the uber-square choppers and warm&lush vintage tremolo sounds... can do both, top in the first case, great in the second (just use the blend knob)

Its instant One Of These Days, How Soon Is Now etc ...perfect!
Sorry for the long post but I love this thing...

"get to the choppa"
Thank you for your informative and detailed response - will check it out further.

J5jarod777

Out of the dozens of dirt pedals I've owned over the years, these are my 3 favorite. They all stack well together, and sound great on there own. BD-2 is used simply as a boost, RAT is set up with distortion around 9 o'clock , but still gets pretty hairy with Humbuckers. Like Tim Pierce says, the ODR-1 just sounds like classic rock. Running the RAT and ODR-1 together is magic.
Guitar is a Les Paul, amp is a Katana 50.

Trending Topics