• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Show Your Pedalboard: 2020

burton56

Updated board.
-Boss CP-1X > Strymon Sunset > MXR Micro Flanger > Way Huge Echo Puss > Strymon Flint
The board goes into a Strymon Iridium or a Bugera V5.
-Pedal rundown:
1) Boss CP-1X. An easy to set compressor that is super quiet. I use it for clean playing, and miss it when I turn it off.
2) Strymon Sunset. Super versatile overdrive/distortion pedal. The series/parallel switch on the back enables the pedal to conjure up some awesome tones. The built in noise gate is very useful too.
3) MXR Micro Flanger. Simple 2 knob flanger. It’s sounds good clean and it sounds good dirty. I usually go for subtle flanger settings so I didn’t want a 4 knob flanger pedal. The MXR works great.
4) Way Huge Echo Puss. This pedal is replacing a Strymon Volante. The Volante was great but was too much delay for me. I never really took advantage of the switchable and panning heads, and it was parameter overkill. The Echo Puss is super simple to use and kind of matches the settings I was going for with the Volante anyway. The tone parameter is paramount, as it can go super dark and super bright as well as everything in between. The modulation is also pretty nice.
5) Strymon Flint. Now I know why this thing is so popular. Easy to use reverb and tremolo with simple controls that can coax a wide variety of sounds.

Last edited:

AStrangeDay

2020 edition: new pedals and some layout adjustments with regards to 2019:
- Geoffrey Teese RMC 10
- EHX Big Muff Ramhead Violet reissue
- Boss DD200
- and finally, CKK Robot phaser is back.
Next step: I'm still looking for the right PSU upgrade.

Great to see someone with Retro Mechanical Labs stuff... their stuff seems more popular with synth guys than guitarists... How is the 432k Rev2? i've planning on getting one for years but i need some opinions from users (especially guitarists)

mambosun92

Great to see someone with Retro Mechanical Labs stuff... their stuff seems more popular with synth guys than guitarists... How is the 432k Rev2? i've planning on getting one for years but i need some opinions from users (especially guitarists)
I've already posted some details and a short track sample here :
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...clips-vids-words.1435453/page-3#post-30026546
It's a brutal fuzz with a very special tone, furthermore, you can blend fuzz and clean signal to preserve the dynamic.
And a whole lot of settings to fine tune your tone.

TAHopton

Here's mine for now. One thing I'll probably do is mount the Tumnus under the board (it's always on) and then put the Turbo Tuner in its place to free up some space for an AUX switch for the Timeline. Still not sure about the Iridium. I like it but (understandably) it doesn't scratch the itch that my Kemper does.

I just ordered an Iridium, haven't received it yet, but was on the fence for a long time. What don't you like about it? What do you like about the Kemper more?

SubApathy

Silver Supporting Member
Not gonna bother you with separate pics, here's a group photo, state of my boards January 2020:

Well, 4 boards under construction, still waiting to see how those projects/bands/sessions pan out...
Nice color coordination.

stratguy23

Silver Supporting Member
Because I couldn't decide which I wanted most, I'm building both a compact ánd a XL board.
The compact one is a wedge-style board with a lid-deck. The XL one is a Schmidt-Array inspired board with the intention of covering ALL possible sounds and be a inspiration and experimentation board.
The compact board (obviously) is further along.

The compact board. ~40x25cm deck. Marblewood, fingejointed (could have been better), routed finger-grips on the bottom, loop-side velcro on the deck, locking neutrik connectors. Next step: power and connections.

The XL version. SChmidt-Array inspired, made to experiment with. Boss ES-8 + Disaster Area Design DPC8-EZ for controlling everything.
Next step: velcro and populating!

Do you have a build thread on the Schmidt Array style board you built? I'd love to get more information on how you built this as I am planning to try to build something similar. Thanks!

Trending Topics