Show your pedalboard: 2021

Boogyin1979

I make sounds with strings
Silver Supporting Member
Please tell me more about the Kingsley Page pedal(s)? This is the 3rd and 4th I've seen since last Friday...starting to think it's a sign!?! :p
Well this is a Page v2 into a Page DS. Though DS is a designed to be a preamp and can certainly run into a loop: I prefer them stacked into the front of a Fender-style amp. I have had some great success using a Quilter TB202 in front and in the loop. Though nothing sounds bad with that amp.

Page is a low gain unit. This is basically like stacking two boost pedals together. Really high output, hence I put my analog delay first in the chain. You just have to be aware of what comes after. Full, beautiful sound. Check out their website which was recently updated. I implore you not to give into second hand prices. The wait is not that long.

macrossgeorge

Please tell me more about the Kingsley Page pedal(s)? This is the 3rd and 4th I've seen since last Friday...starting to think it's a sign!?! :p
In addition to what Boodyin1979 said, in case you did not already know it, these pedals are run with vacuum tubes at proper voltage and are built like hand wired tube amps and also sound like hand wired tube amps. Kingsley makes many variations on the Page circuit and for the most part they are clean boost to low gain pedals that sound like tube amps, have great dynamics, and when pushed perform like a tube amp being pushed. Many people have two page pedals one running into the other to go from edge of breakup to medium gain. This is a great way to get the real tube amp breaking up tone at any volume. Kingsley also makes some overdrive pedals such as the Harlot and the Minstrel which can get medium to high gain sounds without needing to be pushed or boosted. I have a Kingsley Harlot and it is my desert island dirt pedal. I am on the list and should be called in a few months. At that time I am hoping to get a Page TS

Brian Gilmour

I’m currently embracing my inner Eric Johnson….but there’s no hum actually with all the spaghetti routing.

My board is in a temporary state of confusion as I’m currently in a move to another house. Sitting in a rental for the next 6-12 months. Anyway I‘m probably about pay off debt with the pending sale of my house so I’m going to save up for the next few months and go all out with a new Pedaltrain-2 or Novo 24 and combine the current pedals and the two off screen along with my incoming Boss SD-1-4a and KoT (my name is coming up within the next 2 months, fingers crossed). A new fuzz or two will be added after that with a Fuzz Face/Sunface/TB-2w???? I may add a Butler Tube Driver as well.

And the Roland sustain pedal is currently a tap tempo for the Echoplex….it works!

The Boss nano board still rocks. DS-1-4a may go on the big board as the awesome EB-10 makes a great eq for it without having to get it modded. I actually have a preset for it, the FZ-3 and BD-2.

glumlord

Played my first gig with a new band recently and decided to move from a fairly compact and hevily tetris-ed temple Duo17 back to a bigger board to allow me to space things out a little better. Also decided to give some PettyJohn stuff a try. I’ve been intrigued by the Lift for a while and it really does sound incredible. Also, this is my first time using a MIAB and I’m pretty stoked on it so far.
modele B is my base tone and when boosted by the Lift I’ve got a really dynamic low gain sound. Trying to decide if the Gold will fulfill all my high gain rhythm sounds enough to to push the Hoof off the board for now. Fuzz mutant has such a cutting but velvety sustain that I have been using it much more for leads than hoof recently.

as far as the abundance of delays go, I’m pretty set with the Echosystem and planning on getting a Suhr Discovery as soon as I can find one(which will go in place of the DD-200). The el Cap is there mostly for more washy ambient sounds but currently looking for something else fun to go in that slot if I can get a patch set up with the ES that can capture that tone.

both the Dark Star and Bloodmoon are pre-drive, set full wet, used for ambient passages and setting up noisy interludes between songs.

Last edited:

HiddenAgenda

San Francisco
Silver Supporting Member
Current setup
Those Lemon pedals look pretty cool, I see them pop up from time to time. Always made me think Lemon song and guessed it was a Led Zeppelin inspired tribute. Not a very good guess but the font sort of says 60's to me anyway. Good for light drive boost?

https://tymguitars.com.au/blogs/blog/59464389-tym-lemon-sournote-overdrive
This new Tym effect is an asymmetric germanium overdrive with active FAC (tone control) with breakup based on the old Orange/Matamp tone from "fairly" clean to saturated overdrive and with HEAPS of volume on tap. I've designed it to kind of mimic the drive characteristics of my old Orange and Matamp amps although I'm not calling it an "amp in a box" pedal as I've never been a big fan of that description because it, of course, depends on what you're running into.

jlectka

Silver Supporting Member
View media item 305292Ive gone through a lot of combinations of amps and pedals, trying to not get nuts while keeping it to 8 pedals or fewer on the board. I finally put together something that sounds fantastic clean all the way to high gain, with single coils and humbuckers both, with only very minor knob tweaking. Most versatile drive section I’ve yet put together. The G3, Revivaldrive, and Protein deserve the hype and the Prism compliments them all beautifully.

Dirty Tony

Added the La Grange and it sounds great. Between my OD, the La Grange, and Revv 3, I can get a lot of different gain tones.

View media item 305292Ive gone through a lot of combinations of amps and pedals, trying to not get nuts while keeping it to 8 pedals or fewer on the board. I finally put together something that sounds fantastic clean all the way to high gain, with single coils and humbuckers both, with only very minor knob tweaking. Most versatile drive section I’ve yet put together. The G3, Revivaldrive, and Protein deserve the hype and the Prism compliments them all beautifully.
great boards :rockin